Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 28 November 2011

Snowman Squares fly in from the States and here in the UK!

Good Evening Everyone!

FIRST OF ALL I  CANNOT ACCEPT ANY EMAILS AT THE MOMENT SORRY.


I must thank you all for the wonderful comments jenniferanne has received over on Flickr and also here on SIBOL. 'Carols in the Cathedral' is such a remarkable Blanket. Each Square was so lovingly made by jenniferanne and such a lot of thought went into it.  I'm sure she would like me to thank you all for the kind comments.

You probably know that we are in the process of collecting Squares for the second Snowman Blanket. The first made by mandas' challenges was such a great sucess and some Ladies didn't have chance to take part. So I offered to do a second. We still have spaces, so if you are interested please pop over to Ravelry and put your name down. Please follow the link.

That brings me to the Snowman Squares I received in the post today. One Snowman all the way from the States and the other here in the UK.  Let's take a look at  the 'American' Snowman.

A Lady over on Ravelry 'swfirefly' has very kindly sent me a Snowman Square. It has travelled all the way from Florida and I'm pleased to say it hasn't  even melted! Amazing!

swfirefly (RAV) (Sharon) (USA) Snowman Square. Thank you he's arrived today!

What a cute Snownan!  I particularly like the Fringes on the Scarf and the pompom hat. His orange nose too is just great. I love to see these Snowmen come in because they are all so individual.  He has been made beautifully. Thank you so much swfirefly. I am so pleased you enjoyed making him.

Secondly, the next Snowman has arrived here from the UK. A Lady over on RAV once again called 'Jessiebonbon'.  Jessiebonbon not only sent a Snowman Square but also a pretty Square in icey blue I call it. I think this Square will be lovely in the Snowman Blanket too.

This Snowman too has a comical look on his face! A great big smile he's pleased to arrive at SIBOL HQ I think to meet all of his new friends.  A great Scarf with blue fringes and once again a great nose!

Let's take a look at Jessiebonbons' Squares now!

Jessiebonbon (RAV) Sue (UK) 28/11

I'm sure you noticed the SIBOL Butterfly too! Why not have a go? I'll give you the link. Our friend Nettie gives a great tutorial. She lives in Australia.  Why not make some and send them to SIBOL!


It's so nice to receive your Squares swfirefly and Jessiebonbon. Thank you both so much!  I'm pleased you enjoyed making them.

Well don't forget to check out our SIBOL Challenge Blog on 1st December for our new Challenges. I hope you find something that you will like to have a go at.

Bye for now

x Sue x

5 comments:

  1. Seems very difficult for me, I would like to know to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new snowman squares you received. My little plain snowman will be so happy to be with them, it will make him smile even more!
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see that next batch of snowman rolling in. I just pinned that other 4 heart one over the weekend. It looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new gang of snowmen look lovely and very friendly - just like the Sibolettes.

    And yes - thank you to everyone who was kind enough to compliment my "Carols" blanket. I really appreciate all the encouragement.

    Hugs to all,

    Jennifer xxxxx

    ReplyDelete