Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 11 November 2011

Four Ta - Dah's for you!

Good Evening Everyone!

Thank you so much for visiting 'SIBOL' this evening. 

I have four new Ta - Dah's for you and I am so happy to be showing you.  Three of them have been made by myself and the fourth by jean nock.

Now the three Blankets I have finished are from Squares which have been donated by Glynis. Glynis is the Daughter of Alice. Alice is in one of the Homes I visit. I am very grateful to Glynis because she sent me enough Squares to make up three Blankets and I still have some left over.  Such a variety of Squares, beautiful colours, and great patterns.  I have to say I have been workng my socks off to get these three Blankets finished in time for the deliveries.  I am so pleased they are finished. I think these three Blankets and the one from jean nock which she kindly made up will now be the last Blankets made before my deliveries.  I am running out of room now. I have five boxes stacked up in my bedroom full of beautiful, beautiful Blankets and what did Mr. Twins do the other day? Knocked the whole lot flying! Our bedroom is rather like a storage area. I think I shall have to deliver sooner next time. Anyway I sorted the Blankets out and really they are ready for the off apart from now doing a few more cards for the latest Blankets. But on the whole I am ready to go. .......Time allowing. 

Oh, let's have a look at these Blankets shall we?

Thank you so much Glynis for the beautiful Squares. I have had enough for three Blankets and still have some left over. Here they are.

SIBOL 111

Thank you Glynis for all of these amazing Squares!



SIBOL 112

25 beautiful Squares from Glynis!


SIBOL 113

Glynis contributed enough Squares for three Blankets. This is the first. Thank you so much!

Pretty aren't they?

SIBOL 114 has been assembled by jean nock who often helps me out. I am very grateful to you. I would also like to thank everyone who has contributed Squares for this Blanket also!

Thanks to everyone that contributed Squares for this Blanket. Thank you too jean nock for assembling it for me! 'Please add note' if you see your Square!

jean nock has made a lovely job of this Blanket, it really is quite pretty.  When Squares arrive at my home. I bag them up into colour groups. When I have enough we make the Blanket up. I think the variety of Squares in this Blanket look really good together and I love the border than jean nock has crocheted up.

I have made a Slide Show now showcasing our four new SIBOL's.


Created with flickr slideshow.


Thanks to everyone these Blankets are amazing! I love them.

If you have enjoyed looking at the Squares and indeed the Blankets on this Blog and you think our Blog is worthy of a nomination for 'Favourite Craft Blog 2011' which Inside Crochet are holding then 'please' nominate 'SIBOL'.  There is a link over on the right hand side of the Blog.  Our 'SIBOLETTES' work extremely hard all year round making the most gorgeous Squares for our Blankets, and it would be so nice to be recognised! It is so nice to be able to showcase the Squares and the Blankets in our SIBOL Blog! What a crafty bunch of Ladies we have all over the World! Thank you!

Have a great weekend everyone!

x Sue x

9 comments:

  1. As always - beautiful blankets Sue. I love looking at all the different squares. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow they are beautiful - I have to say I am hopeless and nothing in my home is hand made x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear sue,
    That first one the pinky, reddish one, gotta be my favorite. No, wait, the next one with the blues & the light golds..that's the best!
    Still, that third one with the blue & white, and yellow with the red that really pops..that's my favorite! Oh, but that 4th one with the bright gold and peach colors is so good! It must be like choosing a favorite child! I LOVE THEM ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue all four blankets are favorites. Poor Colin, like me, not much space. How many blankets are you going to deliver this time?
    The nursing home residents will love them. Cathy (ed4448)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job and cute colors.Have a nice weeken , I love my crochet book.

    Xo,Xo,Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ladies.
    Cathy just over 40 I haven't counted yet. But just over 40 I think.
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, four very pretty blankets, lovely colour choices. Beautiful edgings. Fab u lous!

    Hugs and happy grins,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some more gorgeous blankets! Weldone to all those who contributed! My favourite is the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 40 Blankets! How amazing is that, well done everyone. Its lovely to think of all that love going out to share with those who need it xx

    ReplyDelete