Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Sunday 6 November 2011

The Snowman Challenge (2). Would you like to take part? / Mondays Update Squares from the UK.

Good Evening Everyone!

I am very grateful to Amanda of mandas' challenges for putting this beautiful Blanket together. The Squares we have received from all over have been absolutely fantastic and I would like to thank each and everyone of you!

The 'Snowman Challenge' Blanket has worked out so well and we have had such a lot of wonderful comments here on SIBOL and also on Flickr and RAV! I would like to thank each and everyone of you!

You will be very pleased to know that I am going to announce 'Snowman Challenge 'Part 2'.
I have been asked by Kay if we could make another one. She would very much like to take part in this Challenge, so I have decided I will try and make another one up.

I am very busy at the moment getting the Blankets ready for the Homes (which I hope to deliver week after next) but I will try my very best to get Squares in for this second Blanket and also 'try' and make the Blanket up myself.

I can't promise that the second Blanket will be ready to deliver this year. But I will try. If we can't get it ready I will certainly give out for next years Christmas.

So......this Challenge is open to ANYONE WHO HASN'T ALREADY SENT IN A SQUARE FOR THE SNOWMAN BLANKET.

I'm afraid if you have already sent a Square, please do not send another one.
Do you need any inspiration?
Please have a look at this gorgeous Blanket.

To enter please go over to RAV and put your name down on the thread.


Snowman challenge complete :)


So have a go, if you haven't already done so.

I am getting the Blankets ready for deliver and at present I am making up Blankets from Squares that Glynis sent in. Her mother resides at one of the Homes I have visited. They are pretty Granny Squares and I am pleased with the progress.

Have a lovely evening everyone!



UPDATED MONDAY 7/11/2011

I am very pleased to be showing you some Squares that arrived today from BrendaS2.  BrendaS2 has made a gorgeous Olympic Square showing the 'Sailing' event which will take place near to where she lives in the UK. What a good idea! I love these sailing boats, a fantastic Square thank you!

A great Square for the Olympic Challenge.



I also received two Knitted Squares from her too. One has a lovely Heart knitted into the Square, and I love the pattern on the other one, but I don't know much about Knitting so I can't help you there. Anyway both Squares will be put in to my SIBOL Stash thank you so much B!

I have made you a short Slide Show sit back and enjoy and have a look at the other two Knitted Squares which are simply lovely.


Created with flickr slideshow.


Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today!

x Sue x

6 comments:

  1. that blanket is wonderful! I'll do one for the next blanket :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sue,
    Thank you! I started on the snowman last night. I left a long reply on my blog for you!
    Thank you again. Every single time I see one of these blankets, I am amazed at the talent behind each square.
    Hope my little snowman will be able to fit in with all his beautiful brothers!
    Love, Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY SNOWMEN! Don't quite know how they are don. Do you have to crochet a circle and bits for the snowmen and attach them after? Keep up the good work. dojo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sue,
    the blanket is so so lovely, very nice!!
    All the best
    hug Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anonymous!
    We basically crochet a 6" square.
    For the snowman two crocheted circles and add bits on out of basic crocheted stitches then sew them on!
    Just use your imagination!
    We call these our picture squares!
    Thankyou
    Sueatpigsty@talktalk.net if you need help x

    ReplyDelete
  6. O Wow! I've just seen Brenda's sailing regatta - what a delicious square. It is simply gorgeous.

    Jennifer - smiling from ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete