Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 16 November 2011

'SIBOL's Delivery Day (2). St. Georges Home for the Elderly.

Good Afternoon Everyone!

May I first of all say thank you from myself and all of our 'SIBOLETTES' for voting for the SIBOL Blog! Inside Crochet are holding a competition to find 'Favourite Craft Blog 2011'. SIBOL has come in the top 5, and the winner will be announced on 30th November.   SIBOL really would love your votes please! So if you enjoy looking at all the beautiful Squares and indeed 'Sunshine Blankets' and reading about our Deliveries then please vote for us once again.  I do try to keep the Blog regularly updated with new Squares and news and I 'just love' to show the work of our wonderfully talented Ladies from all around the World!

The link to Inside Crochet is here.  Thank you! (Also top right of the Blog, click on the Button!).

Now for my second day of Deliveries.

I am very happy to be telling you that I have now delivered our second batch of 'Sunshine Blankets'.

At the end of last year I delivered our 'Sunshine Blankets' to St. Georges' Home for the Elderly in Shirley, Solihull. It was nice to hand over the Blankets to the Manager 'Magda' then.  Our Blankets were so well received.  Well I said last year that I would take in some more for them. So I telephoned this morning and arranged to go along and meet 'Magda' once again.

First I had to take a photo of our Blankets before leaving 'Two Times'.


This Home is near to our retail park and once again didn't take me long to get there.

St. Georges Home for the Elderly.


Magda had been on holiday for two weeks and today was her first day back at work. So as you can imagine she was busy with paperwork and catching up. But nevertheless she said I could go and drop the Blankets off. 

I walked in holding a box full of our 'Sunshine Blankets' and Magda kissed me on the cheek. I always get such a lovely friendly welcome whenever I go there. Thank you Magda.

I told Magda how many Blankets we had made now and how Ladies in our Group are just so kind that they wanted to make their own Blankets to send to me too. She thought it was lovely. I also showed her our 'Snowman Blanket'.  As I knew she was pushed for time I left one of the Gift Cards open showing the photo of the Snowman Blanket. I asked her to have a look at the Blanket  when she had more time. Magda and one of the Ladies who worked at the home both looked at the photo and a quick look at the Squares on the Blanket and said how beautiful it was.   Magda thought it would be a good idea to offer it as '1st Prize' in their Christmas Raffle. Well I was really pleased with that as you can imagine!



Magda agreed to have a photo taken with me. This is never a problem at any of the Homes. I explain how important it is to me to show you where the Blankets have gone to. I think the photo has come out lovely.




Magda has invited me to their Christmas Party and she is going to ring me with the date details nearer the time. How kind is that!

It is always so nice to deliver the Blankets on behalf of our Group. Magda was just so pleased to accept them and she said they will be so very useful to her Residents. It makes me feel so good inside to know that our work is greatly appreciated.  Magda could not have thanked us all enough. So from Magda 'Thank you!'.

It was lovely to see Magda and a member of her Staff, they both remembered me well and our beautiful Blankets. They honestly loved our Blankets and I would like to thank each and every one of you who have sent me Squares. To be appreciated is just so lovely, don't you think?

I left Magda with the Blankets and I said I would speak to her soon. I then went on to visit my Mother.

I would also like to say that I have sent some of our Blankets through the post to a friend, who is going to deliver them on our behalf. I am unable to get to the people who I would like the Blankets to go to so she is going to do it for me. They are disabled Elderly people who desperately need Blankets to use with their wheel chairs. As my friend 'Glynis' sent me enough Squares for three Blankets it is these Blankets that will be given.

Ta - Dah's 3 of them! 111, 112, 113. Thanks to Glynis who contributed all the Squares for them.


I am positive these Blankets will be useful to them. I do like to hand out myself but on this occasion I am unable. I have enclosed our contact details if needed.

So another successful 'Delivery Day'. I am not sure whether I will be out again this week, it will probably be next week now. I still have two boxes of Blankets left but I am still awaiting to get in touch with Managers of two Care Homes who have been unable to take my calls.

'SIBOLETTE's'  - Thank you so very much for your hard work.

Thank you Magda for accepting our 'Sunshine Blankets' on behalf of our Group and thanks to everyone that has voted for us. (We still need more though please!) and thank you to everyone that supports my project by sending me Squares. I cannot thank you all enough!

Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today and I shall be back soon with more Deliveries so stay tuned!

x Sue x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    best regards and wishes you all the best Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Sue, just wonderful.
    There are going to be some very happy blanket owners.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What another fun day. Oh, I have a feeling that Magda is going to have a hard time letting go of the snowman. She looks like she is holding it tight. You know I would if I got my sticky little fingers near that beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sue , wow what a big pile of blankets , magda looks very happy receiving them lots of happy smiles i think , congrats with all you have achieved you are amazing sue love mel k1 p1 project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pic of you and madga xxxxx
    mel k1 p1 xx

    ReplyDelete