Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 9 June 2011

Beautiful Squares from the UK.

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today.

I have two lots of Squares arrive today from the UK.  First of all crochet3love has made a Square for our 'Tropical Challenge'.  It's gorgeous, a beautiful Starfish. I love the colours you've chosen and it's such a good idea.  Why not make a Square for our 'Tropical Challenge'? Details are over on SIBOL CHALLENGES.
Thank you very much crochet3love.  I love your Square.

Here it is.....

crochet3love (UK) Your 'Tropical' Square has arrived.

Yes, I've been out in the garden, enjoying the pleasant afternoon.

Secondly, I have had some pretty Squares arrive from Rainbow Ribbon (RAV) (UK). Some of the Squares have very pretty centres, can you see? They are so...pretty. Great colours Rainbow Ribbon and there are such a lot! Rainbow Ribbon has also sent me some beautiful Butterflies.  If you want to make the Butterflies SIBOL uses on their Blankets I'll give you the link. Why not have a go?

Our SIBOLETTES have installed 'Fluttering Butterflies' on to their Blogs and Profile Pages. Would you like to? Look over to the right. Can you see the Butterflies, click on and load your own up to your space. Butterflies are our SIBOL 'trade mark' if you like and we have been making  them for our Blankets since SIBOL No. 8. which was the 'Butterfly Blanket'.

Let's see the Squares now.....

Rainbow Ribbon (UK) Your Squares arrived today! Thank You!

and of course Bev's Butterflies! Can you spot them?

SIBOL Butterflies 'fluttering happily!'

They really are so easy to make. There is a great  video tutorial on the link I have given to you from dear Nettie. I'm sure you will have fun making them!

Now I would like to show you the Slide Show I have made. Rainbow Ribbons Squares are lovely. Enjoy watching them. Thank you so much Rainbow Ribbon.'


Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Our Sunshine Blankets are ready to be delivered to a local Nursing Home. I have got the 'yes please'. I am just waiting to arrange a convenient time. I'll be telling you about my visit very soon, so stay tuned.

I have picked up my hook after a few days break you'll be pleased to know and I am at present working on the Farmyard Blanket. Then I will do the Spring ones.

Before I go.....Over on Ravelry, our SIBOL Group is getting ready for the next Square Swap. So if you would like to join in the fun please do. Pop over and sign up. Aishwarya will be very pleased to take your name. The Ladies are receiving wonderful Swaps and Gifts.

I think that's all for now.

Thanks for stopping by,

x Sue x

3 comments:

  1. Hello Suex,
    love hugs from Germany
    good evening
    Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodafternoon everyone....just passing by to greet you all and take a look on these beautiful squares ,colorful , love the butterflies.

    Xo,Xo,Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. verry nics done, i love the collors ;)

    Mvg Sarah

    ReplyDelete