Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 17 June 2011

Friday's Squares from the UK!

Good Evening Everyone!

I'm very happy to be showing you two lots of wonderful Squares that have come in today from joyce28 and bonsall both here in the UK. Thank you to both of you!

bonsall has sent in some Squares which are just so...pretty!  Pretty pastel coloured Granny Squares, Pastel Flower Squares, Mens Squares, Two of a Kind Square, and .....'Olympic Squares!'.   Just take a look at these!

Lovely ideas bonsall for our Olympic Blanket.  If you would like to help us make an Olympic Blanket for next years' games please pop over to our SIBOL CHALLENGE web site. We are making a Blanket which will be sold on Ebay to raise money for a UK Charity.  I am nearly there deciding which one!  I'll let you have a look at bonsalls' Olympic Squares which are briliant and please have a look at her Slide Show too! Thank you bonsall, I appreciate your Squares very much!

'Olympic Challenge' Brilliant Squares don't you think?




Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Great weren't they?  It doesn't stop there.  joyce28 has been having a great time making Knitted Flags for our Olympic Blanket.  These Flags are absolutely superb!

Countries featured on the Flags are Ukraine, Bahamas, Jamaica, Greece, Bangladsh.  She's even labelled each one so I know what they are! How good is that! I think my favourite is the Bahamas. I  just love the colours in this one.

I will show you the Flags now thank you so much joyce28, I love them and I am sure they will look wonderful in our Blanket.

joyce28 (UK) Your 'Olympic' Squares have arrived! Thank You!


Let's see some more now in your Slide Show! 



Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Have a good weekend everyone and thanks for the comments on SIBOL 69!


x Sue x

3 comments:

  1. Wow !....they are so cute.....I like all of them.The flags squares too.I will try to make my flag ...can't promise because it is a little dificult....but not imposible .....true ? ...I.m working on more squares.....!

    Beautiful squares.Wisshing you all a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to receive a thank you note from Margaret on behalf of the blanket presented to Alice. It is nice to know that your work is very much appreciated. So much goes into putting these lovely blankets together. The latest one of green and purple is just as beautiful as all the rest. Each one so unique and certainly heartmade. Blessings to all who send in their squares for this worthy cause. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I just discover your website, and I wanted to tell you how it's wonderful !I just adore your creations!
    Thanks for your great photographes.

    ReplyDelete