Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 28 June 2011

Picture Square Blankets

Good Evening everyone!

Thank you for popping over to SIBOL this evening. I'm just re-capping tonight on our Picture Square Blankets. I have posted some photos of the ones we have made in our SIBOL Challenges.  I had an enquiry the other day. A Lady was asking me 'Is there a book? How can I learn how to make a Picture Square?'
I basically told her a Picture Square can have a very basic background, maybe a Granny Square or even just a Square in Double Crochet, or Trebles. You then Crochet 'shapes' and perhaps sew them on or of course you can Crochet them in to make your Picture.

The Ladies who send in Squares to SIBOL, are using their imagination and making the Picture Squares up as they go. I sometimes go on to Google to get ideas. For instance, when we had the Sun theme. I found a picture on Google which I then tried to copy. 'Little Miss Sunshine'.  'Fun In the Sun'.

Make a 6




Our 'Spring Blanket'

Please 'add note' Ladies if you see your Square!

                           
                                                                Our 'Farmyard Blanket'.


Please 'add note' if you see your Square!


                                                                  Our 'Royal Wedding' Blanket.

Ta - Dah! Introducing 'The Royal Wedding Blanket' thank you to everyone that has contributed Squares, very much appreciated!


                                                          Our 'Young At Heart' Blanket.


Thanks to everyone that has contributed these 'fun' Squares for SIBOL! 'Please add note if you see your Square!'

                                                                 Our 'Beach Picnic' Blanket.


and again.....'please add note' if you see your Square! Thank You!....>


The Elderly Residents really love looking at the Picture Square Blankets. When I took the 'Sunshine Blankets' in to the Home a few weeks ago, Alice particularly liked the 'Young At Heart' Blanket. It
brought back so many memories to her of her Childhood. I think that was really nice, it gave her such a
lot of pleasure.  These 'Picture Square' Blankets are a real talking point in the homes.  I really enjoy
putting them together after you have sent me the Squares, thank you so much.

Why not join us? We are collecting Squares for a special Olympic Blanket which we are making  next year. The details are over on SIBOL CHALLENGES. When the Blanket is completed we are going to auction on EBAY and all proceeds are going to be given to the Alzheimers Society here in the UK.

This is a special Blanket and I need your help, why not join us? 

Thank you all for your support.

x Sue x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    the blanket are sooooooo nice, beautiful,
    good evening
    hugs Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post on the picture squares. I love the "Little Miss Sunshine" one that you made! The blankets are just beautiful!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hullo Mrs Twins, oh these are beautiful. Thank you for the lovliness in the mail recently too. oh I am not going to use the coaster, it will go in my collection. It's too beautiful to put a glass on. Take care of yourself and have a wonderful weekend at your place.

    ReplyDelete