Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Sunday 26 June 2011

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL 71!

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL No. 71 'The Spring Challenge'.


Good Afternoon Everyone!

I'm very pleased to be telling you that the first Spring Blanket is finished. I stayed up really late last night to finish it off.

I really love the Squares that you sent in for this Challenge, they are gorgeous. Thank you all so much.

I have to thank Kay too for mailing me last night.  She was giving me some really good information. You might want to check it out for yourself. Jacqui  (Bunny Mummy) is telling us how to make the Border on Blankets lie 'flat' on her blog.  Of course when I went back to my Spring Blanket I got rather paranoid because it's not exactly lying flat.  The reason I think was because I did the first row of trebles in doubled up yarn and really I think this through the rest out and caused it too 'frill'.  Well I decided to leave it 'frilly', there was no way I was going to unpick it.

I just loved the Squares you sent thank you all so much. The Border I used Cream, Green, Two Shades of Blue and a touch of Yellow. For the grass, sky and sun! Thank you Glynis for the Butterflies and one of the Flowers, Beverley too for her Flower. Puppet Lady once again for this gorgeous Braid which I love!


Well here it is.........

Please 'add note' Ladies if you see your Square!


I've made you a Flickr Slide Show, my usual Slide.com Slide shows are still....having problems. So oh dear, my little Butterflies aren't fluttering, and I am sad today! My friend Adam over in the States is working on it for me, bless him. He suggested I tried Google Chrome and Firefox, but Mr. Twins has tried and it's still......not working......

Please Adam help me, our SIBOL Butterflies need to flutter!




Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Have a good day everyone and thanks for visiting SIBOL.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    the blanket is again so beautiful, you're a busy bee greetings
    and have a nice day
    Crissi







    Neu! Klicken Sie auf die oben stehenden Wörter, um Alternativübersetzungen zu sehen. Schließen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just loven' these spring blankets. They are the cutest. YOu may want to think about some childrens hospital too. Just a G.B. thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sue,
    WOW, what a great blanket! Those squares are just amazing...my compliments to all those who worked on it. That edging is beautiful! Love the colors and I know you don't like it being frilly... but honestly, maybe it being a bit frilly goes along with the Spring theme of it?
    Glad you directed folks to bunny mummy... I love to read her blog!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another really beautiful blanket...well done everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty blanket. Hope your butterflies come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi sue , i love your blanket , especially the butterflies , hope you are all well , im still having few probs with my blog , lots of love mel k1 p1 project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh,this blanket is so cute! I love the pansies - they are my favourites!

    Love from Germany
    Mariya

    ReplyDelete