Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 11 June 2011

'A Right Royal Affair'.

We've done it again! 'Let's Knit' Issue 44 July 2011.



Hello Everyone!

Happy Saturday! Nice to have the weekend here again. Looks like rain to me here in the UK, nevermind.

I have some good news today.  'SIBOL' has been mentioned in 'Let's Knit'  Issue 44 Jul 2011.

Back in the March issue of 'Let's Knit' they brought news of a competition which Great British Yarns was holding to celebrate the Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.  It was called 'Wedding Bells' and they were inviting readers to take part.

 I invited you all to help me make a 'Royal Wedding Blanket' and Ladies all over the World sent me beautiful Squares which I was so grateful for. We made a lovely Blanket and on  April 29th we were very fortunate to win 1st Prize with our own 'Royal Wedding Blanket'. Thank you once again to everyone that took part and I'm over the moon today to read that the magazine is showing a picture of our Blanket and also a lovely write up.

If you click on the picture, it will take you to Flickr and you will be able to adjust the size in 'actions' so that you will be able to read it better.

'A Right Royal Affair' - Well done everyone! So happy you've got recognition of your fine work! Thank You!


I have said many times how much I enjoyed making this Blanket, the Squares were gorgeous. I appreciated each and every one of them.  I do hope you will join me in making a Blanket for the 'Olympics London 2012' for next years Games. The Blanket will be sold on EBAY and all proceeds will go to a UK Charity.

I know we can do it again!  If you would like details please pop over to SIBOL CHALLENGES for all details. Thanks for visiting SIBOL this afternoon.

x Sue x

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Well deserved, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congatulations....you are getting very , very Important for the world.....for me you are ...Mrs. Sue !

    Xo,Xo,Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Ms.Sue, congrads yet again..your doing so well, I'm so happy for you! Take care!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete