Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 16 June 2011

A Thank you to you all! A Ta - Dah! and......some Squares from the USA and UK! Busy day!

Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for visiting 'SIBOL' today, lovely to have you on board!

First of all may I tell you about a card I received in the post today.  It really has made my day and I'm sure it will make yours too.

When I visited St. Bernards on Monday I met 'Alice' one of the Residents.  Gwen offered her one of our 'Sunshine Blankets' which was actually called 'Young At Heart'. Do you remember this one, with the cute skipping rope, clothes, dress, football posts and even a little bicycle?  Gwen told me that Alice loved Children and she thought the Blanket would be nice for her. We showed her the different Squares and Alice
and everyone else thought the Blanket was lovely.

Well in the post this morning I have received a beautiful Thank you card, it was from Margaret. Alice is Margaret's aunt. In the card she tells me how much she loves the Blanket and what a wonderful gift it was to her Aunt from myself and SIBOL.

Margaret tells me that she sat with Alice and looked at all of the pictures 'that had so lovingly been made for her blanket and it brought back so many happy memories to Alice of her childhood. I thought that was just so lovely and I thought it would be nice to tell you all.  Afterwards they both walked back to Alice's room and they put it on her bed. The pretty pink Butterflies were hung on the wardrobe doors.

I'm sure Margaret won't mind me taking snippets from her card, I so much wanted you to read them as you have all helped me.

'It is heart warming to know that you and your many friends across the world give such happiness to the Elderly, as so many of them have given love and happiness to others during thier lifetime.

I thank you and your colleagues for the wonderful gift'.

My very best wishes to you all. 

Margaret Compton.

As I say I'm sure Margaret won't mind me putting this so you can read it. It is important to me that I share this with you.

I am delighted that Alice loved her Blanket, and I will be writing to Margaret myself shortly. So that really made my day.

Thank you Margaret.

                                                   --------------------------------------


Well I've had a busy day today. I've had Squares from Terry (Abbiezbabie) (USA) and also Louise in the UK.

First of all I would like you to see Terry's Squares.  She has sent two beautiful White Granny Squares for our 'Winter Wonderland' Challenge.  I can't believe we will be having a pure white Blanket! Should be great fun!

Abbiezbabie (USA) Your Squares have arrived! Thank You!

Here's your Slide Show Terry! Thank you so much for your gorgeous 'Winter Wonderland' Squares! I love them.



Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.



Louise in the UK sent me some great Squares for our Challenges today!

We have a great one for our 'Winter Wonderland' Challenge, thank you Louise. This is a great pattern and it looks so pretty in White!
Then we have a Square for our yummy 'Cupcake' Challenge.
The third one is for our 3rd Jan Eaton Blanket. This is No. 70 and it's called 'Zig Zag' which actually is a really unusual pattern. Why not have a go?

Jan Eaton Number 70 'Zig Zag' Square. Thanks so much Louise!

I've made you a short Slide Show Louise thank you so much I love all the Squares!



Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Louise has also been working very hard assembling one of our Blankets for me. It has come out beautifully with colours mainly of Purple and Green. I have made two Butterflies to put with the Blanket this afternoon and I have been outside 'between showers' taking some photos. So I hope they have come out well.

Please add note if you see your Square!

Louise, thank you! This is our 69th Ta - Dah!  Amazing! We still have lots of work to do as well. The colours remind Louise of Wimbledon, so perhaps she would like to name the Blanket appropriately!

It's a gorgeous Blanket Louise and I love how you have attached the Squares together! I'm very happy to be showing you the Slide Show I have made.



So a lot to tell you today! It's always so nice to get positive feedback on our 'Sunshine Blankets' and I do hope Alice and Ladies and Gents like her will get a lot of enjoyment, Love and Warmth from them.

Thank you so much for your continued support and thank you for visiting 'SIBOL' today.

x Sue x

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thank you note and it sounds like the blanket went to just the right person. I love reading about the blankets and how they are touching people's lives. Have a great day Mrs. Twins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up Sue, wow that is a lovely card about Alice I am so pleased that she loved the blanket and you must feel so proud and rightly too! How touching to know that the squares evoked memories,that is so special, what a good job you are doing Sue. Take care and have a good day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah i recognize a few of my squares in this one! Looks brill! Glad they have become of use and seem to fit right in with the colours you have chosen for this blanket! And i am looking forward Wimbeldon!

    ReplyDelete