Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 6 April 2012

Lots of new Blankets and Squares to show you!

Good Morning Everyone!

I am very pleased to be showing you two new Squares which have arrived yesterday. I had trouble with Flickr last night  again so I couldn't finish off my loading of photos.
joyce28 (UK) has very kindly sent in this gorgeous Knitted Square for our 'Emmerdale' Blanket. Now if you watch 'Emmerdale' on ITV you will always see lots of Granny Blankets on the backs of the chairs  in the 'Dingle Household'. I thought it was about time they received one of our 'SIBOL' Blankets. I am proposing to make a Blanket made out of Flower Squares. Now if you would like to take part you must put your name down on our 'Emmerdale' thread over on RAVELRY.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will show it! But I thought it might be fun making one and sending it off. We do make Blankets for the Elderly but of course we make Charity Blankets and 'fun' ones too! So why not join us, make a Knitted Flower Square 6" or a Crocheted Flower Square in bright colours please. Let's be noticed! Thank you!

joyce28 (UK) Your 'Emmerdale' Square is so pretty thank you!


Great Square Joyce thank you!

The next Square has come in today from 'Kelley' in the States. Kelley has made an 'Irish Rose' Square. Don't you think this is a pretty Square? I think it has come out beautifully, I love it and I am most grateful to you thank you so much!

Kelley (USA) Your Irish Rose arrived today! Thank you!


I have Blankets to show you now, and I am just about getting myself up to date after our time decorating the house. I'm sure you will agree these are stunning Blankets. These Ladies have taken part in 'Make your own SIBOL!'. Would you like to make your own Blanket for the Elderly? Please follow the link for details.

It is always so kind of Ladies to make their own Blanket, I know you are all very busy. I have received these over the past few weeks. Let's take a look at them now!

The first one was actually made by 'jean nock' for me. I regularly send Squares to 'jean nock' and she very kindly assembles a Blanket up for me.  I warn you it's 'bright!'. You will need to wear your sun glasses for this one!

Thank you to 'jean nock' who assembled this Blanket. Thanks to everyone who contributed Squares!


Thanks to everyone that sent in Squares for this Blanket. It's different but very nice.

Now to the donated Blankets. The first one was made and donated by ATheeC (Belgium). This Blanket is named 'Galah'. ATheeC has made this Blanket in such wonderful colour colour combinations and I'm sure you will agree they all work well together!  I am extremely grateful for the Blanket and I can tell you it is so warm! The Squares are just so pretty!

ATheeC has made a superb job of this Blanket! Thank you so much!


Not only did ATheeC send one Blanket, she sent two! I know that was amazing! She has been working so hard for 'SIBOL'. She really enjoys our group and regularly sends Squares for our Blankets. Once again you are very kind ATheeC and I will be passing your Blankets on to the homes in a few months time. This one is called 'Forget-me-Not!'. I will never forget you ATheeC! :) I am so pleased you are enjoying Crocheting for 'SIBOL'.

How very kind of you ATheeC! This Blanket is just so lovely!



Jennifer who lives in Scotland although she is Welsh, has very kindly made a SIBOL Challenge Blanket in white and shades of purple to represent Buddleias her favourite Garden Shrub/tree.  She went to her local yarn shop to buy all the yarn she needed and I think she has done a splendid job in putting these colours together. Take a close look at the Squares with the leaves on. If you look closely I have taken photos of the 'wrong side' of the Blanket and also the 'right side'. You wouldn't know which was which! Both sides are so perfect! The Blanket is just so lovely. I am also very grateful to you Jennifer! Thank you! The Blanket is called 'Butterfly Bush'. As she said in her mail, it's also a good one for SIBOL having the Butterfly connection. As 'Butterflies' are our 'trademark' if you like!.

The Squares are superb just take a look at them!



Of course we had the beautiful Blanket made by Sheila who is 88 in August. If you go back previous posts you will read all about the Blanket that she very kindly made for 'SIBOL' to raise money for Alzheimers. This cause is very dear to her heart and I am most grateful to her.

What a beautiful Knitted Blanket!


A great achievement Sheila thank you!

Then we have dear Katia from France. She has also donated  a Blanket which she has made and she has called it 'Layette Blanket'. This Blanket is made in very pretty variegated yarn and I just love it! It is so...warm and will be great for our Elderly folk.  Thank you Katia. I love to see your Crocheting! I am most grateful to you too!

Thank you Katou! It's simply gorgeous!



As I have had quite a few Blankets to show you, on this occasion I am going to combine them all together in 'one' Slide Show. I hope you don't mind. I just want you to know that it is a pleasure to receive these gorgeous Blankets. They are all so very different and each one has been lovingly made for our Elderly folk here in the UK. In a few months time I shall be delivering our Blankets to Nursing Homes local to me.

It is always lovely to receive Squares but as I am doing the 'massive Olympic Blanket' which is taking up a lot of my time as you can imagine, 'making your own SIBOL' is really helping me to keep my Blanket numbers up. On the last count we have now made 142 SIBOL Blankets since January 2010, this is such an achievement and I think I have about 20 ready to be delivered again to the homes.

Your kindness in helping me with my project is very much appreciated  and I just want you to know that each Square and each Blanket is very much appreciated by myself and the Elderly, 'not to mention our other SIBOLETTES!'.

I'll leave you now with our new Blankets and thanks so much for visiting my web site today!



Created with flickr slideshow.



Have a good Easter everyone!

x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. It must seem like Christmas every day when you open packages for your blankets from the post man. Joined together they make such lovely blankets for the elderly. I'm sure they brighten everyone's day.
    Happy Easter!
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sue,
    These squares and blankets are beautiful!
    Can't wait to see the Olympic one!
    I know you are busy but remember to take care of yourself!
    Happy Easter!
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete