Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 27 April 2012

Lots of Squares on a Friday!

Good Evening,

Another miserable day here in the UK. This rain is just not giving up and they say we have a hose pipe ban in some parts of the Country!  Well it's a good job I have some pretty Squares to cheer us up that's all I can say!

I would like to thank first of all 'creativegranny' for sending in these beautiful Squares. The centres are just so pretty.  It's amazing how different a Square can look when you use a variety of  colour combinations. 'creativegranny' certainly has a way with colours!  These Squares are really nice and will look great in a Blanket for the Elderly.

'creativegranny' is really enjoying our web site and actually she has joined our SIBOL RAV Group. She tells me what fun she is having and what a nice group of Ladies they are, so why don't you join us? We'd be very happy to say hello to you!

I am a lucky girl today, 'creativegranny' also sent me two Friendship gifts. One a pretty Heart with the words 'Friendship' on the back. The front too is lovely very decorative indeed.  I can smell Lavender too! How lovely! Also a little 'Friendship Doll'. Can you spot the words 'Love, Peace and Hope?' She is so....cute!  I was also sent two 'Earl Grey Tea Bags'.  I shall have that cup of tea with you 'creativegranny' while joining my Squares up! :)  A very nice thought thank you.  I'm very grateful to you for the donations of ribbon too, that was very nice of you!

A 'Friendship Heart and Doll' So pretty! Thank you!


Thanks for everything today and I am so pleased you have found us! :)

I'm sure everyone are waiting for your Squares, here they are!






Created with flickr slideshow.



I'm very busy today, lots of Squares. These next ones have come in from Suzanne here in the UK. Suzanne tells me she hasn't been Crocheting for long! You would never have thought it! The Squares once again are just so pretty, lovely patterns and great colours! Once again here is another Lady who knows how to put colours together! Let's have a look at her Squares now!

Suzanne (UK) Your Squares arrived today! Thank you!


I'm teasing you! Here they are in a Slide Show. There are so many of them, sit back now and enjoy these lovely Squares too!





Created with flickr slideshow.


I am hoping to finish off the 'Emmerdale' Blanket this weekend, if all goes well. I shall keep you posted!
                      
                                                 ---------------------------------------------------

I'm going to tell you know how our Butterflies started. Back in the early days a Lady from the States 'Linda' very kindly sent me 50 Squares.

I showed you the enormous pile of Squares>...........


 I made two Blankets with these Squares and the Blue one which was SIBOL No.8  was decorated with a couple of Butterflies.

I made them into 'SIBOL' No.8. I made a few Butterflies to sit gently amongst the Squares!


Linda loved her Blanket and she wanted me to call it 'Butterfly' which I did. Then Salma in Kuwait said why not use them as a 'Trademark' for SIBOL. So everytime we finish a Blanket I make Butterflies for them.   I have been told by a couple of people that the Residents in the Homes love our Butterflies and they hang them on door knobs and even Zimmer frames! 

I keep a Butterfly Stash here at HQ and if anyone wants to have a go at making some for a change then please do!  I use a great video tutorial from Netspets in  Australia my dear friend Nettie. Here's the link.  This really helps me because I can just pick one up when a Blanket is donated to me or when I make one and it's a lot quicker.

Thanks so much for visiting 'SIBOL' this evening.Thank you too 'creativegranny' and Suzanne for the most amazing Squares!

x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. hi sue , as always gorgeous squares and beautiful blankets xxxxx just looking you have been in so many mags congrats for that , you work very very hard sue all of your ladys do , all the best love mel k1 p1 project xxx

    ReplyDelete