Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 24 April 2012

No Squares today............but

Hello Everyone!

Of course I can't have deliveries of Squares 'everyday' now can I? So when I am not posting photos of new Squares onto Flickr and the web site, I spend my time making Blankets up and sewing those dreadful ends in. I say 'dreadful' actually I have quite enjoyed my day sewing in the ends with a nice cup of hot chocolate and listening to Steve Wright with all of his oldies playing on the radio. I have to admit I don't very often have Steve Wright on I have Classical FM radio on, but today was a sing a long day and what could be better while  I have been doing this!

As for the Ta - Dah! Well I'm sorry you will have to wait a while for that. I'm in the teasing mood!

I would love to thank everyone for their donations of Olympic Squares. As I crochet them together I admire the beautiful work of many talented Ladies from all over the World, so from me to you 'A Big Thank You!' and let's hope our Olympic Blanket will raise some money for Alzheimers here in the UK.

I say Blanket there will be more than one Blanket. I am doing four Blankets because I have so...many Squares. The first will be a mixture the one you can see on the table. There will be a 100 Flag Olympic Blanket, a 49 Knitted Red, Blue and White Blanket and a 25 6" Square Red, Blue and White Blanket. They are all assembled but I still have quite a way to go, I have the ends to finish and I also have to do the Borders......So Steve Wright I will listen to you again another afternoon! You're really helping me get through these ends!

Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' and here's a crafty look at the first Olympic Blanket. All proceeds will be going to the  Alzheimers Society here in the UK.





Bye for now and thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today!

6 comments:

  1. The blanket looks great Sue - and I love your work area - it looks like a lovely place to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Rainbow blanket you've headlined today, it is simply delicious! Can't wait to see the Olympic blankets when you reveal them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. olympic blanket is looking good from that sneaky peek you gave us. Really looking forward to seeing all three....I am sure they will all look totally different.
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops sorry you said you're doing 4 not three!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful rainbow blanket and I like that there is a lot of white in it. Most are in blacks...really going to be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love where you work on the blankets. What a beautiful room! These blankets will be stunning, I can't wait to see them!
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete