Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 30 April 2012

Our 'Emmerdale' Blanket.

Hi Everyone!

As you know we work very hard all year making 'Sunshine Blankets' for the Elderly in Nursing Homes, but on occasions it's nice to make our 'Charity Blankets' and our 'specials'. 

While watching 'Emmerdale' a TV soap opera a few weeks ago, I noticed as usual the Crocheted Blankets on the backs of the sofa in the 'Dingle Household'. Well I thought it was about time they had one of our 'SIBOL' Blankets!  So I quickly got to work asking Ladies on RAVELRY if they wanted to help me. Well any excuse to get those Crocheting Hooks and Knitting Needles out! They jumped at the chance to make a Flower Square in really bright 'noticeable' colours.  The Squares started pouring in and today I have great pleasure in showing you our 'Emmerdale' Blanket. 

I would like to thank everyone for taking part. This  really was  such a fun Blanket to make. I do hope we get to see our Blanket on TV. There is no guarantee they will show it, but I'm going to do my best!

I am going to send it to 'Jane Cox' who play 'Lisa Dingle'. I have the address so all I have to do is to type the letter and tell her about our Group and send it off to them.

I hope you like it, thanks everyone!

Thanks to everyone who contributed Squares for this special Blanket for 'Emmerdale' TV programme.










Created with flickr slideshow.


Updated Lunchtime!

Thanks to annlynncraft over on RAV, I have today received these gorgeous Squares. All made in beautiful colours and great designs. She also made some Stars for our Blankets to hang on with the Butterflies.

annlynncraft (RAV) (UK) Has sent in some Star Embellishments for our Blankets! Thank you!



Squares of all patterns and colours!





Thank you so much annlynncraft!


Such a lot of Squares today and Stars too! They are all gorgeous!



I am always 'extremely grateful' for embellishments! She has sent in a selection of Hearts, Flowers, Butterflies before  and now Stars! I think we ought to call her our 'Embellisment Co-Ordinator'.  If anyone else wants to send in Butterflies, or anything else then please do they are always so useful!.


Ann (Your embellishments arrived today! Thank you!



How kind of Ann to make Hearts, Butterflies and Flowers for our Blankets


Beautiful Butterflies!

I'm off to pack this parcel up! Thanks everyone!

x Sue x

9 comments:

  1. Sue, its turned out really lovely. All the squares compliment each other beautifully and 'Emmerdale' should be proud to receive this wonderful gift. Thanks to you and all your hard work in compiling and co-ordinating everything.
    Jessiebonbon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty flower blanket. Great work as always. You'll have to show a picture when it's on the show - (I don't think we get 'Emmerdale' here). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Mrs Sue,beautiful....flowers are gorgeous.:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blanket you made from all those lovely
    granny,s
    hope the will show it on telly,fingerscrosse.
    let us no, here in holland we don,t get it or is it on bbc.
    love fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, it looks great, you've done a brilliant job putting it together. I do so hope we see 'our' blanket on TV.
    Lovely embellishments and some more beautiful squares too.
    Carol aka Dansnanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!
    I will be letting you know if it does get on TV! Fingers Crossed!
    Great Squares from our RAV Ladies many thanks to you all!
    love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stars - soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such Incredibly beautiful blankets. What you do is so lovely. I'm inspired thank you. I would love to do this for the care home I work in. Beautiful, Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. just found your blog. Arrived via Knit Today's link. Love the Emmerdale blanket, will keep an eye out for it on TV

    ReplyDelete