Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 4 April 2012

What's new on a wet Wednesday?

Good Morning Everyone!

A pretty miserable day here in the UK. We've had rain, wind and snow this morning would you believe! It's pretty cold out there too. Good job my 'SIBOL' work brings a smile to my face!

I finally got back into Flickr last night after some hours of not being able to sign on.  What a relief to know that I can load my photos back on. Flickr is my visual record of all Squares coming in and without this I would be lost.

I am in the process of catching up with myself after things going on at home and I still have blankets to show you too, so please bear with me I will be loading them on as soon as I can.

First of all, I promised you a close up of the Olympic Flag Squares which  'akarapacha' very kindly crocheted for our Olympic  Challenge Blanket. 'akarapacha' had such a lot of patience in making these Squares and I must say she has done a splendid job. I have made a Slide Show for you all to see. There are 100 Flag Squares plus others so I think you had better pull up a chair and have a cup of tea.  I did show you them all scattered on my patio a few weeks ago.





Created with flickr slideshow.

Yes they are good, and yes they are neat! This Lady has talent! Each one is just so perfect and I am sure you will enjoy looking at them.

These Squares were sent to me from Fort Myers in the States all beautifully labelled and bagged up. I am now in the process of edging each one with crochet so I can assemble them in to our Olympic Blanket.

I can not thank everyone enough for the Olympic Squares which have flown in from all over the World. I know you have certainly enjoyed this Challenge, I can tell from the beautiful Knitted and Crocheted Squares that I have received from you all.

This morning I received a parcel from Katia in France. Katia has made Squares for 'SIBOL' before and I know for a fact that she thoroughly enjoys crocheting for us.

The 'Wiggles' Square has become a firm favourite with many of our Ladies and I'm really pleased that Debi allowed us to put the Challenge up. Katia has made the Wiggles Square so well. I was telling her on email that her Wiggles' Squares have been made in my Late Grandmothers' favourite football teams colours! 'Aston Villa' here in Birmingham.

Katia has made two Squares for this Challenge and here they are........ Details for this Square are on the SIBOL Challenges.

'Wiggles' Challenge.



The 'Irish Rose' Challenge was put up by jenniferanne over on RAVELRY. Some Ladies like this Square and have found it quite easy, but I have to say some have found it hard. Katia had a little trouble with it herself but look she has mastered it! I am so proud of her and it has come out beautifully! If you want to have a go at this square please mail me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net and I will forward the pattern to you.

Katou (France) 'Irish Rose' Challenge.Thank you for your Squares and donated Blanket Katou!



I was really surprised this morning because inside the parcel with her Squares was a beautiful Crocheted Blanket. If you pop over to our Challenge Blog you will see that making 'Your Own SIBOL Blanket' is one of our 'optional Challenges'. Katia has made a beautiful one and has even decorated it with 'SIBOL' Butterflies and a gorgeous light blue spotted ribbon.  Now the only trouble is....the weather. It is so dark here today as I said earlier it's really miserable so I am going to let you have a sneaky peep and then I will take some better photos as soon as I can for you.

Katou (France) Has made and donated 'Layette Blanket'. Thank you so much it's gorgeous.



Katia your Squares and Blanket are gorgeous thank you so much. I am really pleased that you are enjoying supporting 'SIBOL'.  I am very grateful to you and I know for a fact that your gorgeous Blanket will be very much appreciated by our Elderly folk. The Blanket is called 'Layette Blanket'. Superb, thank you!

'Wiggles' and 'Irish Rose' Squares for our Challenges!


I will be back with more photos for you Katia as soon as I can!

Here's a photo of my garden, what a horrible day!




I hope you have enjoyed looking at our work, thank you for visiting 'SIBOL' today!

x Sue x



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your sweet post! Your photos are perfect like that, don't worry!

    ReplyDelete