Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 14 April 2012

A surprise box from the Netherlands!

Hello everyone!

I really would love everyone to go back a post and have a look at this wonderful blanket made by 'creativegranny' (RAV). It has been made in Granny squares and I think it is just so pretty! This blanket arrived on Friday 13th!

Isn't this blanket so pretty!


It was sitting in my porch when I arrived back from Tesco. I was loaded up with that dreadful 'weekly shopping!'. I just couldn't wait to put my shopping away to see what was inside. On opening I found such a gorgeous blanket. Thank you once again 'creativegranny'. The blanket is stunning and it was so nice to chat to you on email!

But.......the excitement didn't stop there because around 3.00pm a courier pulled up just as my Daughter was leaving. I had been helping her wash her car and after giving her a little treat of a few grocery items to take back with her to her flat I was in desperate need of a cup of tea, but no......I had to see what was inside the box the Courier had delivered! It had travelled all the way from the Netherlands one of our 'SIBOLETTES' dear 'Wilfi' over on RAV. Fiona had very kindly sent me squares for our Challenges and also 'three' donated blankets for SIBOL! Yes 3!  Wow!


Fiona has made squares for our Nursery Rhyme Challenge, Owl Challenge and Emmerdale 'special' blanket, also enclosing two Butterflies for the Emmerdale blanket. A 'soap gift' was also enclosed in the colours of blue and white. The smell of the soap is just lovely! Very kind of you Fiona thank you.




This blanket is called  'Isabelle's Rainbow' named after Fiona's Daughter 'Isabelle'. It did start it's life as a baby blanket for her Daughter who is now 11 years of age but Fiona has decided that after a long time of squares sitting around in a bag she would make a blanket for 'SIBOL'. I am so pleased you have done Fiona, the blanket is gorgeous. What beautiful colours! Your work is lovely.


The blanket is made out of stash yarn. A simple Granny blanket but how beautiful. This one is called 'Barley Sugar'. It reminds Fiona of when she was younger, she visited the  Kermesse (Festival) with her Grandparents. She always buys Candy Barley with the sweet colours of pink, white and yellow! I love to read what inspires Ladies to crochet! This is once again a gorgeous blanket Fiona, thank you!


This is the third and final blanket that Fiona has sent me today. This one is called 'Queensday'. The blanket has been made in the colours of her country. In Holland they have 30th April  as 'Queensday' when everyone is full of fun and happiness!
What a beautiful blanket Fiona!


I am very grateful to you Fiona too for making such wonderful blankets. How very kind of you! Once again our UK Nursing Homes are going to love  these blankets for their Residents. I know  Nursing Homes do have good heating to keep their Residents warm but it's always so nice to have a blanket draped on the back of a chair in case someone gets a little chilly. Elderly people do feel  the cold at times. Some of the Residents in the Homes I have visited like to put them on their beds to decorate their private rooms, or maybe if they are sitting outside it's nice to use a warm blanket over their knees, thank you very much!

 I would now like you to have a  look at Fiona's work in a Slide show!




Created with flickr slideshow.


I think that's about all for today!
Bye for now!

x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely day, Sue. All those beautiful blankets and squares. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty bunch of squares and blankets! I am sure that made your day extra special.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete