Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 6 May 2010

Flower Challenge/New Squares arrive today from France and the UK

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all very much for the beautiful comments I received about the 'Fun In the Sun' Blanket. Very nice of you  all.

I just want to remind you that we have the 'Flower' Challenge going on at the moment and it finishes 31st May, so please try and get your Squares in.  They have already started arriving at my home and it's always great fun to see what everyone is making.

I have to say you don't have to take part in the Challenges. You can just send me any Squares, any colour or any design that you like. The Challenges just give us different things to aim for. BrendaS2 the other day suggested a Blanket for Christmas using all those Greens, reds and whites.  This will be added to the Challenges later on. But that one should be great fun to do!

Challenge details are over to the right in the side bar.
Any queries PLEASE EMAIL ME. sueatpigsty@talktalk.net Everyone is welcome to join in the fun!

Please can you include Your Name
                                   Your Address
                                    Your Email Address
                                    Flickr  Name? (If you have one)
                                    Blog Address (If you have one and Internet 
                                    Name)

I like to let you know as soon as I receive the Squares, Thank you.

I've had some Squares come in this morning from 'Kinsey' on the MSE Knitting forum and I must say they are really pretty. Kinsey if you are reading, thanks so much for your Squares! They will be great for the Flower Challenge, such lovely designs. I have put them in the Slide Show for you all to see.

Beautiful Flower Squares from Kinsey (MSE Forum). Thanks so much! If anyone is interested in donating Squares for my 'Sunshine Blankets for the Elderly' please visit 'SIBOL'.

I also had some Squares come in from France 'Lili 4g'. I'm so pleased you sent them for the Elderly and they are all really nice, such pretty colours. They will be absolutely wonderful for the Blankets.  Yours too will be put in the Slide Show.

Lili 4g (France) Thanks so much! Your Squares are lovely!


Thank you both so much for sending them to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue: Did you ever have one of those exceptionally long, tiresome, neverending weeks when nothing would seem to go right? Well, I feel my mind and spirit are revitalized after seeing the very pretty squares that Kinsey and Lili sent in. You know what else....I'm even beginning to forget about this crazy week. Thanks Ladies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete