Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 21 May 2010

Flowers, Bumble Bees and Daises!! Friday Fun in the Garden!

Well what a Friday!

It all started at around 8.15 am this morning.  Mr. Postie actually knocked the door today! Not the usual Postie who walks the round,  a special one.  The one that has the red van! The one that carries the parcels on his van.  I had to sign for a box.

Mr. Twin and Little Miss Twins, both of them I add,  were interested to see where the box had come from. 'Spain' I said.  OOh! It's Pilar (Pertinitaco). We read the outside of the box and had a giggle.

'The Journey of the Squares' and how they travelled across the sea in a plane, through those dreadful 'ash clouds', landed safely in the UK  and then went in a dark truck and travelled to my home here in the UK. 

The Squares were from Pilar, (Flickr Pertinitaco) and wow! What lovely Squares!!  The Little Squares were very tired after their long......journey so I took them outside to play in the Sunshine. Look what I saw on the Squares!! Little Bumble Bees I thought I heard a buzzing sound...........


Now would you believe that? Bumble Bees had landed on Pertinitacos' Squares!!! Buzz! Buzz! Aren't they just so cute!


Beautiful Flowers, Thank you Pertinitaco!



They played a little outside in the Garden and rested and now I'm pleased to say they feel better after their long journey which took 6 days all the way from Spain.

Thank you so much Pilar, (Flickr Pertinitaco) such lovely Squares. You are very kind making these for the SIBOL project.


Bethel of Bethania often makes us rhymes on Flickr the other day she said........

Welcome to our Squares Family, little squares...don't be afraid... after your rough trip in the big truck...A really nice lady lives here...she has a fettish for squares...She will love you,She will straighten you out again...She will touch you, feel you, smell you,Then she will work her magic with you each & everyone of you...The nice lady... will find a very special place for you...With her magic fingers... you will find a permanent home in one of her beautiful blankets...Look at the comfort you feel in those blankets all there to Welcome you...Then everyone will say... you all look FANtasMaGoRIcal together...You will be so HAPPY... the nice lady will be so Happy too...So don't be afraid... The nice lady is a very special person... and loves you.

Well Pilar, I'm terribly sorry this Slide Show has taken so long I've been so busy today getting ready for the weekend.  I've been desperate to get the photos on Flickr for you and the Slide Shows made.  I do hope you will sit back now and enjoy your Slide Show!

I hope all our other Sibolettes and Followers (new and old) will enjoy the Slide Show too!

Have a good weekend everyone and thanks for visiting SIBOL today.  Ooh! We have a new 'team blogger' Louise please go back and view her post.  She's relatively new to Blogland and I'm sure she'd love your support on her Blog.

If you put your mouse on the individual Squares (if you have time) you will be able to read the text. The Journey of the Squares!'.




Hugs

~~~  Sue ~~~

5 comments:

  1. These squares are amazing!
    Love the little bees...bzzzzzzz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pilar (pertinitaco)21 May 2010 at 23:17

    thank you so much Sue for making that wonderful slide show, and telling the little story of the squares! Again so glad you're enjoying them as much as I did.
    Thanks Karin, I'll be posting a minitutorial on how I made the bees over on flickr.
    Thanks again
    Love Pilar

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased your squares have now arrived safe & sound with Sue, Pilar...
    We know they will be as safe as the Queens Jewels there with Mrs. Twins...
    I'm thinking we should be getting her a pair of white gloves... like the people wear when handling precious objects...
    She will wear them out playing with them me t'inks... ha ha
    Your squares are breath-takenly beautiful, Pilar so please accept a pat on the back from me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all, Pilar's squares are beautiful. Thank you so much Pilar for sending them to me, for the SIBOL pROJECT! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what beautiful squares Pilar made! I love the addition of the bee, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete