Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 17 May 2010

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank Sue for inviting me to write a blog post here. I think Sue's idea of the Sunshine International Blankets of Love is a wonderful idea. Not only is it providing such a great service it is a lovely way for us all to meet others from all around the world.

My name is Jenny, I live in Cambridgeshire in the UK. I have 3 grown up children, the youngest two are boy/girl twins. I am also the proud Grandmother to my 2 grandsons.

I love crochet and am finding the internet a great way to get inspiration, I seem to be getting more ideas than I have time available, though I'm sure that can be said for us all! It was only yesterday that I plucked up the courage to start my own blog and now today I am guest blogging here, boy things move fast around here!

Anyway enough about me, here are the squares I have made for the Blue and White challenge.

I made them using the pattern for the 'Trip around the world granny' from the book 50 Sensational Crochet Afghans & Throws. I posted them to Sue this morning so hopefully she will get them in the next few days.

Before I go I would just like to thank Sue for all her hard work in organising all this and putting together such lovely blankets from the wonderful squares she receives.

Bye for now
Jenny

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny!
    It really is a pleasure to have you visiting 'SIBOL'. It's lovely that you have taken part in 'team blogging!'. You are welcome to pop over anytime!

    Your Squares are simply beautiful. They will be ideal for our 'Blue and White' Challenge. Thank you so much for making them for our project. It really is very nice of you.

    It's good also that you introduced yourself and I hope everyone will pop over to your blog thank you for the link! Coincidence I have grown up twins, two beautiful girls (24).

    I do hope you'll 'team blog' again with us. In fact if anyone wants an invitation to be part of 'SIBOL' all you need to do is to send me an email and I will send you an invitation.

    Thanks again Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful squares. Off to check out your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute , pretty squares .I like them so much.Good Job !!!!

    Luna

    ReplyDelete