Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 27 May 2010

SIBOL Squares arrive from Canada, Puerto Rico, and the UK. Thank you!

Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry this post has taken so....long.  I've had three lots of Squares arrive today.  So I've been putting them on to Flickr for the three Ladies to see and of course anyone else who wants to look at them.  It all takes time.......so in between  doing my Laundry and making the tea for the family it's taken me quite awhile.

I'm very very pleased and 'relieved' to say that finally Delphines' Squares have arrived from Canada.  The Post Office told Delphine that her package would take 3 weeks, well it has been more like 6 weeks!  Although I have great faith in the Post Offices around the World and indeed the 'Posties' who deliver them I am always so relieved when the package finally arrives at 'Two Times' (my home). Everyone goes to such a lot of trouble for my SIBOL project and the last thing I want to happen is that a package gets lost! So I'm pleased and happy today.  I know Delphine will be too.

I know Delphine has a very busy life bringing up her children and doing her work so I am really MOST grateful that she has taken part in our SIBOL project.  I just loove......the colours she has used in her Squares. I'm sure you will all agree they are just so beautiful.  It's so interesting as I've said to Delphine that each Square coming in to me is so..different.  Each one reflecting our own personality.  Don't you agree?

Now as I have had such a lot of Squares come in today (Nothing all week) I was wondering the best way to showcase them all to you.  If you go over to Flickr you can look at Delphines' Squares and indeed our Flickr Group 'Blankets for the Elderly 2010'. or the Flickr link at the top.   As you know I will put all the Squares into the 'side' Slide Show in a few days, but I really wanted you to have a good look at the Squares so what I have decided to do is to make an individual Slide Show for each person.  So you will have three Slide Shows running at the same time.   I hope this doesn't confuse you.  But I really want you to see the beauty of each Square.  'Because I just love them all!'.

Here is Delphines' Squares in her own Slide Show. Thank you so...much Delphine!






My thanks go out to Wanda today too! Wanda is from Puerto Rico and has very kindly sent me Squares before. It's amazing to think that Squares are flying into the UK from different parts of the World at the same time! I have just loved taking the Squares out into the Garden today.  I bet all of your Squares are very tired after their journeys so I'm sure they will enjoy a bit of fresh air and sunshine :)  I'm sure you will agree Wandas' Squares are lovely also.  Please take a look now at Wandas' Slide Show! I  hope you have made a cup of tea while you are enjoying the Squares!





Great aren't they? Thank you Wanda!


Crochet3love over on Flickr has very kindly sent me Squares before for SIBOL.  I really want to thank her today because she's sent me some more.  Some for the ' Flower Challenge' and some for our 'Picture Square' Challenge.  The 'Flower Challenge' ends 31st May but the 'Picture Theme' is still running for another few months. 

As you all know it's really the Elderly who I am interested in making Blankets for.  BUT we've had the idea to make a 'Children's Picture Square' Blanket.  This I think will be a 'one-off' project so we are running this theme.  The idea is to make a 'Picture Square' which would be suitable for a Blanket for a Child.  So for instance Crochet3love has made four 'Picture Squares' depicting a Lion, A Tree, A bunch of Grapes, and a Lamb.  Please have a look in Crochet3loves' Slide Show because they really are lovely.

The Squares will be made into a Children's Blanket and will be donated to a Children's Home/Hospital/Charity. Let's see how this works out..... We haven't done one before it might be quite interesting.

Thank you so much Crochet3love, I appreciate your help. Enjoy the Slide Show!





I hope you have enjoyed watching the Slide Shows today. Delphine, Wanda and Crochet3love I can't thank you all enough.  Kindness from people I don't know overwhelms me. I am amazed how popular SIBOL has become and I know there are  a lot of people who tune in every day to see our new Squares arrive. I am enjoying the journey, I do hope you are too! I continue to make Blankets for the Elderly and I thank you all so much for your support.

I also thank everyone who follows SIBOL. It's just so nice to know everyone is interested.

The weekend will be soon here enjoy yourselves!

Hugs

Sue

2 comments:

  1. I'm so Proud of my people getting united for the Sibol,Congratulations and many thanks to Wanda , Wanda I'm from Puerto Rico too .Keep up the good work and Blessings to you .

    Hugs,

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that really is international.But 6 weeks to come from Canada? Was it the ash cloud? Wouldn't it be fun to go and get the squares sometime? Make a holiday out of it. Mmmm Thats got me thinking

    ReplyDelete