Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 10 May 2010

I had a laugh this morning and three lots of Squares from Australia, Netherlands and UK!

Hi Everyone!

Just popping into 'SIBOL' to show you the latest Squares received today. My friend from Canada hopefully is looking in. Unfortunately no post from your part of the World yet! I will mail you as soon as possible. So sorry I know you are waiting patiently!

Wow! I had a laugh this morning Bethel of Bethania sent some Squares today and they only took around a week to arrive. Wasn't that good all the way from Australia! BUT she sent me something so wacky!! and funny!! Do you wanna see?

Well you know between us we are making the 'sun' theme Blankets (Karins idea) and the Squares received are so BRIGHT !!!! BethelofBethania very kindly sent me some ...........SUNGLASSES!!  I know I had a laugh too! The question was shall I show the WORLD??  Well why not! So here I am (Excuse the wrinkles).....

Well what a laugh I had this morning! Bethel sent me some Sunglasses to wear while making the 'sun' themed Blankets!

I know ...... I had a laugh too.  Only Bethel could have thought of that!! Thanks Bethel. Also for your Squares......

BethelofBethania (Australia) sent me these beautiful Squares and they arrived today in super duper time! Thanks Bethel. She also sent me something>>>>>>>> Don't laugh now ! >>>>>>

Bethels' Squares arrived at 7.30 am. Then at lunchtime two more packages arrived with the usual Postie.

From.........Isolde in the Netherlands (isolde2006 Flickr)

Pretty Pinks and Blues for SIBOL!

and then from Ruth (Flickr ruth*marie) (UK)

Beautiful Squares from ruth*marie (UK) arrived this morning! I'm just loving the colours, thanks so much! I love the pattern!

I am so lucky to have received such beautiful Squares.

Isolde very kindly wrote us a 'team blog' post last week. I hope you will check it out. She tells us about her Squares where the patterns came from etc., The colours are just wonderful. Thank you so much Isolde.

Ruth  has only been crocheting for around four months and I'm sure you'll all agree she has done extremely well. I just love the colours she has used. Thank you so much.

I hope you have all enjoyed looking at the three lots of Squares and I hope Bethel, Isolde and Ruth have enjoyed making the Squares for SIBOL.
Your Squares are now in the Slide Show. I hope you enjoy looking at them.

P.S. I shan't be leaving the photo on for long! :)

3 comments:

  1. Now, why didn't I think of that. My side is still hurting from laughing. Classic. Classic. You are just too funny or losing your minds. See I've always said just go with it, who the heck cares what us gals do over here in blogland.

    Great squares, but still laughing.

    Stop by
    Symphony in Hue is up.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - you look great wearing those. The new squares are just lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am laughing so hard my sides hurt!!! What a great idea Bethel had.... and all of the squares are just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete