Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 5 October 2010

'Jan Eaton' flys in from Australia!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Lovely day here again, the sun is shining and leaves are falling. Is it Summer or Autumn I'm wondering?
Anyway, Maree from Australia has very kindly sent me her 'Jan Eaton' Square. 'Bars and Diamonds' (No. 23).  Maree has already sent me two of the same number, but she's wondering which one will be best for me.

I'm always amazed at how Squares look when you use different colours! Here's todays!



I love the two contrasting colours used in this one.

Then we have the other two that Maree sent.


They are all lovely Maree. Thank you.  I shall wait until I make the Blanket up and decide then. But I shall find a use for the other two be assured!



Now I had an email from Beverley this morning one of our SIBOLETTES! She was wondering whether I'd do a shout out for her. Would you like to have a read and see if you are interested.  I have to say this has nothing at all to do with SIBOL.  Beverley is just trying to drum up some support for another Co-ordinator Shelly who is trying to get her own project off the ground. Would you be interested?

Now I'm doing this the easy way.  I've copied and pasted the words from Beverley's email, for the simple reason I thought it would be better coming from her.  She doesn't have a Blog (I'm working on that) so she can't write a team post herself. 


Beverley said:

I know that we can’t make a children’s blanket over here (which is madness!!) but I have crocheted squares for children with cancer in Texas for a group which I found on Ravelry. I have put the urls below for the blog and the flicker group.


http://thiseclecticlife.com/share-a-square-2010-faq/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thiseclecticlife/sets/72157606612996699/

I don’t want to distract from SIBOL as what you are doing is fantastic and so worthwhile but I wondered if you could maybe put the details on the SIBOL site so that if any of the Sibolettes had any spare time in the next couple of months they may be able to contribute to this “challenge” too? They are trying to make 150 blankets which is no mean feat and are trying to get squares from all over the world. They ask for tags for each of the squares that will be laminated and attached to the blankets so that the children can see where their blanket has come from. I sent my squares off a couple of weeks ago and got a lovely note back from Shelly (the co-ordinator).

Thanks Beverley. It's up to you now if you want to help. Click on the links and have a read.

Welcome to all our new Followers and many thanks once again for the lovely comments on 'Beach Picnic!'. SIBOL No. 32.

Have a good day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful square Maree love the two toned one it has taken on a completely different new look! Good luck with your venture Beverley xx

    ReplyDelete