Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 1 October 2010

What a lot of Squares on a wet Friday!

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on the last 'Blue and White' Blanket. I'm waiting for ATheeC to name the Blanket, if you would please?

It's a very wet Friday here today, so I can't go outside to take any photos....I have plenty of photos to take today. We have had quite a few sets of Squares come in. I expect you are longing to see them.  Thank you to everyone that has sent me Squares today.  I appreciate them all.

 May I thank you for all the lovely comments on emails I receive. It's always nice to know you like my choice of music (well I hope you do) and that you like visiting the SIBOL Blog every day.  There seems to be something new to see everyday.  I do hope you will visit previous posts. Yesterday was a busy day on SIBOL and I wouldn't want you to miss anything. Thank you Mandas Challenge for your previous post, (please take a look) and also Isolde.

Where shall we start?

I know ......Manda's challenges.    You have sent in the most beautiful set of Squares today I just love them. Amanda has made four lovely Christmas Squares, one Bonfire Square and one Jan Eaton Square. I can't wait to show you ALL the Squares.

Manda's challenges! Your Squares have arrived! Thank You! 'Christmas Challenge' Beautiful!

Christmas Flower Squares!

Would you just look at those tiny weeny buttons and the Christmas ribbon is just superb! What a fantastic idea!

Then we move on to her 'Bonfire Square' Another brilliant idea.

'Bonfire Challenge' Love it!

So different.  Then finally her 'Jan Eaton' Square which is called 'Lacy Cross' and it's No. 19 in the Jan Eaton Book if you want to try it yourself. Such a pretty Square and I love the colour choice.

'Jan Eaton' Lacy Cross No. 19.

Such gorgeous Squares Amanda Thank You!

Then we move on to Carmen in Spain  Carmen has sent in her Jan Eaton Challenge Square. This one is called 'Arcadia' and it's No. 9 in the Jan Eaton Book.

I love the colour choice Carmen, I do hope you enjoyed making it for SIBOL. Many thanks it's gorgeous.

Carmen (Spain) Your 'Jan Eaton' Square No.9 'Arcadia' arrived today! Thank You! Good colours!

Then finally we have Rebekka-UK.  She has very kindly sent in her Jan Eaton Square too. This one is called 'Tannenbaum' and it's No. 25. I love this Christmas Tree.  I think you could use this design on quite a few Christmas gifts. I love it. Thanks ever so much.

Rebekka-UK Your 'Jan Eaton Square' arrived today! Thank You! No. 25 'Tannenbaum' Beautiful!

I'm already starting to see lots of Christmas things over on Flickr. I hope you all enjoy whatever you are making for family and friends. I always think Christmas is a great time to try out new Crocheting gifts and there is always such a lot to see over on Flickr.  Why not join in the fun over there? All you have to do is to sign up, it's free until you have I think 200 photos, then you have to pay a yearly fee.  But it's a great way to meet new friends who share the same hobbies whether it be Crocheting, Knitting, Painting, Photography or whatever. Great fun! It's just amazing how we can all be in touch with friends all over the world in a second and share ideas and indeed our photographs. Have a go join us!

We also have a SIBOL Group over there. Here's the link.

Thank you to everyone that has sent me Squares this week. It's always such a pleasure to chat to you all too.
Have a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how darling are those Christmas squares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely. Each and every square is such a special piece of art, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh it's been a very busy wet and windy friday, thank goodness you had pretty squares to brighten the day ;) xxxxxx Have fun with them Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Merchy! We have some very talented Ladies all over the world in our SIBOL GROUP!
    Thank you for your comments Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful squares, and lovely colors too :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuanta creatividad, precioso todo.
    Bss.

    ReplyDelete