Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 12 October 2010

What do we have here? Squares, a tree and flowers from the UK!

Hello Everyone!

Having a nice day? I hope so.

I'm very pleased to be showing you some Squares that Beverley (UK) has sent to me today.  Beverley has already sent me the 'Jan Eaton' No. 3 'Square Target' but she couldn't stop there and she has made some others too. 

Beverley couldn't stop at making 'Square Target' she made some others too! For the future Challenges!


Louise has already made the 'Tradtional Granny' No. 18 Beverley, so I will keep that for a future Blanket if that's okay.  But she has also made me two other 'Jan Eaton' Squares.  I think Beverley must like Jan Eatons' book because she has also made No. 53 and 81. I'm going to keep these Squares for when we go on to the other Squares of hers.

The Squares are so pretty, lovely colours and the patterns are great.

Beverley has been very busy and she has made a tree for the SIBOL Christmas Blanket. She thought it might be a nice idea to attach it on to the Christmas Blanket rather like I do with the Butterflies. Here is the link.
http://theroyalsisters.blogspot.com/2009/11/grandma-tree-tutorial.html

She also sent me some lovely flowers. She's very kindly sent me the link for these too. Would you like to have a go?
http://vallieskids.blogspot.com/2010/05/tiny-flower-scrubbie.html

Aren't they just lovely? Thanks so much. You certainly have been busy and I'm very grateful to you Beverley, I just love them.

I've made you a little Slide Show, enjoy and thank you!


Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


So don't forget Ladies if you haven't already had a go at making a 'Jan Eaton' Square 1 to 25 (please see the side bar) and have a go.  The tree and flowers are a lovely little project too, great fun and thank you for that Beverley, very nice of you!

5 comments:

  1. They're all absolutely gorgeous i think i will have a go at the tree garland thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beverly very nice squares and colors :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi amiga
    Estão lindos esses squares!!!! parabéns!!!!
    Beijinhos^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say hello and wow. I was led here from another blog and I have been looking at all of your pics on flikr and I'm amazed.

    You have such a talent for putting the squares that you receive together in such a beautiful way and adding the perfect borders. They are all truly works of art and I've really enjoyed looking at them for the last hour or so.

    You also have a great talent for laying out the afghans and squares and taking such artistic pictures. I feel so inspired right now.

    ReplyDelete