Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 2 June 2010

'The Lost Stash' and SIBOL Squares from the UK and Australia.

Hi Everyone!

At last here I am! Busy weekend, busy day....

First of all may I say a very big thank you to Laura. She did her very first 'team blog' yesterday and I'm so pleased she did. She made a wonderful job and has also made some beautiful Squares for SIBOL. So thank you very much.

My Mother came round today and she was asking about my Blankets. I got them all down for her and she looked at them all. She loved them and said how beautiful the Squares were, so thank you to everyone that has contributed. She was amazed that we had made so many!

I have been busy because I am trying to get the last three 'sun' themed Blankets finished. I'm doing them altogether too does that make sense? I've assembled them all and now I have to do the ends and then do the edging. So I hope you'll all bear with me, I shall post photos as soon as possible.

I've had a lot of Squares in today. It was such a lovely day that I went out into the Garden to take some photos. I would like to thank 'Aussie Maria' and 'Chunky Hooker'. The Squares are really beautiful.

Now I was very surprised today when I received the Squares from 'Chunky Hooker' because she had written a poem and enclosed it in with her Squares. Would you like to read it? Please click on and make it larger......



I would like to thank Sally 'Chunky Hooker' how wonderful is this! You certainly have a knack for words. I wonder how long it took you to write this? I bet everyone agrees with me it's really good. Sally is not only good with words, she's good with a hook!

I hope you'll sit back now and have a look at Sally's Slide Show.  She's made some lovely Squares for SIBOL.





Thank you so much Sally for your hard work making the Squares for SIBOL and also for putting pen to paper. Thanks also for allowing me to share it with others on SIBOL.

Well as I said I have had a busy day.....I had some Squares arrive from Aussie Maria.  I didn't think they took all that long Maria! It was so nice to receive your Squares they were all beautiful.  Flower theme and Blue and White.

You must all know that the Flower theme has finished now actually 31st May but of course I still accept if they are on their way.  As I have said I haven't started yet, I must get the 'sun' ones finished first.

I hope you enjoy looking at Aussie Marias' Squares. Make yourself a cup of tea and enjoy!

Thanks to everyone that has sent me Squares, I appreciate them all and it's so nice to welcome them.

Bye for now and I'll leave you with Marias' Squares.......



5 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous squares Sally and Maria.
    Sally I love your poem, absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, the poem is fantastic. Needs to be typed out and put on the Sidebar, cause it says a lot about all of us involved in Sue's "little" project.
    Gosh Sue, this has become a HUGE undertaking for you. You might need employees soon to help with the making up of the blankets.
    Aren't crafty people such a caring, sharing lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The squares are lovely. The poem is also really good - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant poem Sally - it should be added to the SIBOL sidebar! Really lovely squares - Sue your house must be overflowing with squares and blankets!!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will try to put the poem into the side bar, as requested!
    Thanks for your comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete