Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 30 June 2010

Squares from Singapore.

MARY E.W.  - Mary, thank you so much for leaving comments on Slide.com and reviewing our SIBOL Slide Show! It was very nice of you to take the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Hello Everyone!

I'm so happy you are visiting SIBOL today. I have some beautiful Squares all the way from Singapore to show you today. Arien156 over on Flickr has very kindly sent me them. They are so lovely. Before I show you the Slide Show......

May I just thank you all so much for your wonderful comments over on Flickr, Mrs Twins and SIBOL on the Ta - Dah of  'Splendor in the Grass' - named by the one and only The Garden Bell/Kate. It's a lovely name Kate and I am so very grateful for the beautiful yarn you sent over from the USA. Please check Kates' blog out. She writes her posts beautifully, there is always something new to see too whether it's a new ripple or indeed some of her beautiful home-dyed yarn which she kindly sent over for SIBOL. So thanks Kate.

I also want to say that it is the end of the 'Blue and White' Challenge today.  If you have Squares on their way please don't worry they will be in plenty, of time. I have had some lovely shades of Blue come in and really nice patterns too. I know from emails that you've enjoyed the Challenge.

I have been asked by a couple of Ladies to 'do a count of Squares!'. Well as today with the Squares from Singapore I have now received 730. I have actually used 400  Squares in 16 'Full Blankets' and another on it's way to show you. So counting that one Squares used will be 425. Squares over will be 305.

A lot of these are lined up for the Challenges. I have some for Men's Blankets, Blue and White, Strawberries and Cream, Children's Picture Blanket.

I just want to say I am doing this on my own 'at the moment' so I'm just fitting these in when I can. I usually Crochet in the evenings while watching the TV. I really enjoy what I'm doing and in no way do I feel as though things are getting on top of me. What with the Slide Shows and all the Admin that is needed for SIBOL you might think I'm stressed.  I'm not. If I was, I wouldn't be doing it. 

SIBOL has given me a purpose now my Daughters are older, it's given me an interest and I know it has for you too.  One thing I worry about is not showing you your Square made up in a Blanket 'quick enough' if you now what I mean. I hope you all understand that I'm doing it at my own pace and you know I will be using every Square received. It might mean you have to wait a while.  If you are okay with that, that's fine.

For instance Luna sent me some white Squares a few months ago.  Well I have been waiting for some more white ones to come in.  This happened a few weeks ago Nettie very kindly sent me some gorgeous white ones which I have put into the Blanket with Lunas' Squares. They haven't been forgotten 'just waiting'. I only have the edging to do now and I've been doing it between Challenge Blankets.

As we are in the middle of Summer (well here in the UK anyway! Sorry you folks in Australia brrrr.......)
I thought I would open up a new Challenge to you all. This is going to be 'The Seaside Challenge'. Now I have already had some Starfish Squares come in and it has been suggested by a  couple of Ladies that we do a 'Sea/Seaside Challenge'. Good idea?

For this you could do anything you like as long as it has something to do with the Sea/Seaside. Starfish, Boat Square, Picture of a Sandcastle Square, Icecream Square. Use your imagination Ladies! Or even a small Blue Ripple Square depicting the waves of the Sea.

It should be very interesting...... Deadline.  Well I'm putting this as 31st August. A couple of months time. There is going to be a limit this time. Could you only send please up to  4 Squares at the most.

I'm so amazed at how popular SIBOL has become.  I know I have said this many, many times. Just from my idea back in January, you can now see how many Blankets I have made. I did originally set myself a limit of 6 Blankets. Well I have certainly  done more than that.

It's just that I want you to understand about the Squares. I have no problem at all receiving your Squares whether you want to just send any 6" Square or whether you want to take part in the Challenges. That's absolutely fine by me. Please if you have any queries at all, please don't hesitate to contact me sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Now........Dear Arien156 you have been waiting long enough for your Slide Show. Sorry I have been rambling.......

Introducing Arien156  all the way from Singapore your beautiful Squares and thank you so...much!




Thanks again Ladies, thanks for visiting me here in the UK Today!

Hugs Suex

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you still enjoy all the work that you are putting in and that its not stressing you. If you want help you only have to say. I'd love to see these in the flesh as it were, they are truly lovely.I like the seaside challlenge and am planning to make squares on hols this year. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arien, your squares are lovely.

    Sue, I'm glad you are not stressed by it all, but if you do ever need any help just let me know. The seaside challenge sounds like fun, I'd better get my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, what a wonderful flowerblanket and amazing how many squares you ave received already.
    Of course we (at least I guess) understand that it may take some time before a square appears in a blanket. I was so surprised to meet on of my squares in the flower blanket ... (accidentilly it fitted in a challenge). Keep up you good work and enjoy it!
    By the way, I like the seaside theme ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. one more time, thank you to YOU for your task and your time doing so beautiful work to the others

    lots of kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments! Much appreciated! x

    ReplyDelete