Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 29 June 2010

' Squares from the USA!' and a Ta - Dah!

Hi Everyone!

I would like to show you some Squares today from Debi Y U.S.A.  They are just lovely and will be so useful for the Challenge coming up shortly.  I was thinking of the Man's Blanket! I really love the colour combination Debi has used. I think they all go really well together.  Like any Square we make the variety of colours really makes a difference, you will see in Debi's Slide Show. Sit back and enjoy!

Thanks so much Debi I really love your Squares I hope you have enjoyed your Slide Show!

Now I want to ask you all a question.  I had a lady over on Flickr asking today 'where to get ideas for Squares from'. Now I suggested 'Jan Eatons  200 Block Book'.  But I was wondering which book you use, or in fact which internet site.  I have suggested she pops over and reads the comments so I'm hoping  you will help her out!

I have a Ta - Dah for you today also.

Introducing 'SIBOL No. 16' 'Flower Blanket No. 2'.




I have to say a 'Big Thank You' to my special friend over in the USA. The Garden Bell has very kindly donated some of her 'home dyed yarn' for the SIBOL Project.  I am so....grateful to her.  It was such wonderful yarn to work with. I thoroughly enjoyed working it up. The colours I felt were 'spot on', so thank you so much Kate!
I would like to thank everyone involved in making this Blanket. If you don't see your Flower Square this time, it will be coming up. So please keep looking.

I'll say Good night to you and thanks for visiting SIBOL and PLEASE tell us some good books and internet sites!

Hugs Suex

9 comments:

  1. Good evening Sue, what a lovely surprise when I logged on to SIBOL, a piece of music playing which I know and love, but have been trying to find out for ages what the name is --- and now I know thanks to you - its Aquarium, Saint Saens carnival of the animals. Cheered me up no end, now I can track it down. I have loved it since it was featured in Disney's Beauty and the Beast so THANK YOU! Now those lovely squares, I cant believe you have finished no 16 - fabulous and still more squares coming in - I love the more masculine ones too they are all so lovely. Have a good evening Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi, they are lovely squares, Great colours, perfect for the Men's Blankets.

    Sue, Flower blanket no 2 is beautiful, yet again you've done an amazing job!

    Re patterns for squares, a website that links to lots of free patterns on the web is http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory.php

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - Thanks so much!
    Kim - OOh I'm so pleased for you! Great music.I love quiet relaxing music.
    Glad you can hear it.
    Love to you both Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower blanket#2 is very nice again. How do you stay cool while working on a blanket in that hot weather?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks absolutely brilliant - well done you!

    Sending some squares to you on my lunchbreak this afternoon, VERY EXCITED ABOUT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great squares and yes they are perfect for the male blanket(s)!
    Blanket nr. 16 is very pretty. Applause!!

    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Look at all those exciting new colors arriving for the next adventure. Is it July already.

    No. 16 already. You are sure moving along.

    This is fun. It take me back to the afternoon out in the grass when I dyed the yarn.....

    How's about "Splendor in the Grass"

    I'm sure the lucky lady who get's this one will remember the old
    Natalie Woods/Warren Beatty Movie Classic.

    Off to post Orphan Annie Pattern.

    Kate - T.G.B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done it again, another beautiful blanket!!
    I am new to crochet and have been using the 200 squares book by Jan Eaton. I've also found a few patterns on crochetcentral.com.
    I love following this blog, whenever i get a bit fed up of a project, i look at the work you and all your contributing ladies and it gives me inspiration. Well done everyone who helped to make another lovely blanket!

    ReplyDelete