Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 21 September 2011

Challenge Squares from the Netherlands!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Thank you so much for popping in to SIBOL today.

I have had some gorgeous Squares arrive today from Hieke in the Netherlands. Hieke has very kindly sent in Squares for a few of our Challenges which are running still.  If you are interested please pop over to our SIBOL CHALLENGE blog.  You will find details of what we need at present.

Hieke has very kindly made a great selection of Squares. I'm not going to do a Slide Show today because I want to show you a close up 'to inspire' you!

First of all we have two beautiful 'Luna Squares'.

Luna's Flower Squares. Thank you for the beautiful Squares Hieke!

Lovely aren't they?
Pop over to Luna's Blog if you are interested in making any and then send them to SIBOL. We are making a special Blanket.
Luna has very kindly written instructions on how to make the Flower and the Square. She is so...good to SIBOL! Thank you Luna.
Then we have some 'Knit Today' Squares from Hieke.

Knit Today Squares.

If you like these Squares why not try them yourself? If you would like the pattern please email me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Then we have two 'Scrap Squares' Hieke calls them, which really will go in to our Square Stash until we need them.

Two unusual Squares for the SIBOL Stash!

Really unusual I thought.

Then we have the Olympic Flags.

Great Flags for our Olympic Challenge.

Why not make a Flag of your Country or even a Granny Square in the colours of your Country? The Countries in these Flags are Denmark, The Netherlands or Luxembourg, France and Estonia. Such brilliant Flags Hieke  I love them.

Details are over on SIBOL CHALLENGES.


We have also had a 'Watermelon Square' arrive which I am short of so thank you for that one too Hieke.


Watermelon Square.

Altogether we have had some wonderful Squares today from Hieke. If anyone wants to join us and you have queries please email me or leave a comment. I'd be very happy to help you.  Not only are we working very hard all year round for the Elderly, we are having such fun as a group. Sharing patterns, ideas, etc., which is lovely.

Thanks to the Ladies over on Rav too who are making some Blankets up for us. If you would like to pop over and see what they are up to please do. There maybe spaces still available in the special Blankets we are making over there.  (Please see previous posts too!)

Also... Would you like to take part in our SIBOL Swap?  arien156 kindly organises this special event each month on the RAV SIBOL Group and the Ladies are swapping such beautiful Squares and hand made gifts.
I'm sure you would have lots of fun.

I would like to put up the link too to the SIBOL Butterflies. If you would like to make any for our SIBOL Blankets I would be very happy to accept them.  I have so many Ladies asking me where did I get the pattern from. Well it was from our friend Nettie over in Australia. I will give you her blog link.

I have also a Butterfly stash which I go to from time to time. If you want a Change from Squares and you want to make any SIBOL Butterflies please....do! I'd be very happy to accept them.  When I am making the Butterflies for the Blankets I always tend to make three. I put one in the 'Butterfly Stash' and two for the Blankets for the Elderly.  This helps me the next time round.

I have also been contacting magazines this week, Crochet Today, Let's Knit, Knit Today Lets Get Crafting 'Crochet and Knit' Simply Knitting, Inside Crochet and also I wrote up to Craftseller about our Crafting for Charity.

I wrote an article about our special Olympics Challenge, hoping that they will feature us. We have received wonderful Squares for this Challenge (I will have to do a count).  Please look at the Squares at the top of the SIBOL CHALLENGE blog and see if you can get inspiration and maybe design a Square yourself! You would be most welcome to join us!

So I will leave you with Hiekes' Squares, I hope you get some inspiration from them to have a go yourselves. Thank you so much Hieke!

Hieke (Netherlands) Your Squares arrived today! Thank You!

Thank you for popping into the SIBOL web-site today!

x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Those scrap squares are so creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine calling these beauties "scrap squares"...they are works of art! Love all these perfectly made squares, they are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete