Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 29 September 2011

'Think Pink!' blanket challenge


Hello everyone :)

My name is Lotti, and I'm a very proud Sibolette. As some of my fellow members of the Ravelry forum have recently taken up the challenge to gather and put together squares for new SIBOL blankets, I thought I might offer my services and join them. My idea is to make a blanket commemorating Breast Cancer Awareness month, which has been held each October since 1985 ... and as the pink ribbon is the worldwide symbol for the cause, I thought that an all pink blanket was the very best option for the theme.

I only posted my idea on the SIBOL forum on Ravelry a few nights ago, but am over the moon to be able to say that of the 25 squares I require for the blanket, 18 wonderful ladies have already offered to make and send a square, leaving just seven spaces remaining! I'm also already receiving the squares through the letter-box, which amazes me even more ... but I don't know why I was ever in doubt, having such fabulous people to turn to in my hour of need ;)

Here are the lovely squares which have arrived so far:


From Beverley (Baw1812) 


From Marge (bennythedip)


From Carol (Dansnanna)

 

Two beauties from Jennifer (jenn1feranne)


From Joanna (JoannaDonaldson)


My own square (lotti02)


From Tinka (theemuts)

I think you'll agree that they're all beautiful, and I can't wait to have the full set so that I can put the whole thing together! If you are a member of the SIBOL group on Ravelry, please do sign up if you're able to (and haven't already!) ... and if you're not a member - please join!! :D

Lotti xx

6 comments:

  1. Wow, such a beautiful things you have done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic post thank you very much for showing these gorgeous Squares.
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be a wonderful blanket Lotti, the squares you are receiving are beautiful. Joanna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very excited about this! So glad you posted it here as I had not seen it on Ravelry. But I've been over there now and signed up to contribute a square. I'm off tonight to create that square! A cause near and dear to my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all ... I'm really pleased that you're excited about the challenge, 'Petunia Pill', and I look forward to receiving your contribution soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am putting my square into the post on Monday Lotti, hopefully it won't take too long from Australia. The blanket is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete