Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 12 September 2011

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL 89! 'Grow me a Garden!'.

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL 89! 'Grow me a Garden!'



Good Morning Everyone!

An extremely blowy day here in the UK today.

I am so happy to be showing you my latest SIBOL today.  This is the first of 'Grow me a Garden' Challenge. Now I have to say I am working on the second Tropical at the moment, but this Blanket has been in my work box for a few weeks now. It's taking me such a long time to finish the fringe off. I hope you
think it looks 'like grass!'.  It basically is a chain of 24 so easy to do, but golly it's taken a mission to complete.

The Squares I have received for this particular Blanket have been received from bonsall (UK) and Laura (Netherlands).  I decided to put the two lots of Squares together for this Blanket. Using the Green back ground of the Squares I thought they went quite nicely together. I do hope you like it.

I just love this one. I love all our 'Sunshine Blankets' we make, but this has got to be one of my favourites.

Thank you to bonsall and Laura for the most beautiful Squares. I just love the brightly coloured Flowers.

Now let's take a closer look.

'Thanks to bonsall (UK) and Laura (Netherlands) for the most beautiful Squares!


I couldn't resist laying it on the grass.

I have made a Slide Show now for our 'Sunshine Blanket' 89! So sit back and enjoy these beautiful Squares.





Well the Postman did arrive at lunchtime. I'm very happy to be showing you the Squares from bonsall now. bonsall has taken part in our 'Simple Squares'.  If you would like a pattern please email me, there are still spaces available.
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Let's take a look now.

bonsall (UK) Your Squares arrived today! Thank You!


Pretty pastel 'Simple Squares' and I love them. thank you bonsall.

x Sue x





Created with flickr slideshow.

Thanks bonsall 'beautiful Squares' and thanks for stopping by everyone!

x Sue x

10 comments:

  1. Wow ......nice job .This is very nice.Love the green and all the flowers.Great job.

    I'm making some squares with the flower I have 2 more ....cute.

    Take care .....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have to be a favorite of mine too, Sue! And what a beautiful job you've done with that edging! It's fabulous and looks like grass all by itself! The recipients are going to LOVE it! It's a bit of Spring...all year long! Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazing. 89? I cant believe it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sue,
    oooooh, soooo beautiful, Grannys with sweet flowers,
    I wish you all the best,
    hugs Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oi Sue querida
    Adorei!!!!!muito lindo todos seus Squares, você sempre nos surpreende com coisas tão lindas e coloridas!
    Fique com Deus!
    bjs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sue!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE that blanket with the flowers and the grassy fringe!!!
    Love the beautiful squares by bonsall also!
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sue that is a gorgeous flower blanket, such beautiful squares! Love Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful crochet garden!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's absolutely gorgeous! makes you want to bend down and smell the beautiful flowers hehe Awesome squares Bonsall my lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete