Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 29 September 2011

OLYMPIC LETTERS.

Hello Everyone!

As you know we are collecting Squares for the Olympics London 2012 'special Blanket'. I had the idea to somehow incorporate the words  'OLYMPICS LONDON 2012' within the Blanket.

I have been trawling the internet for Letter patterns and then came across Letter patterns from the Melody Griffiths Book '201 Crochet motifs, blocks, projects and ideas'.  So to try and generate more Squares for this Blanket I am asking you if you would like to make a 6" Square in the colours of Red, White and Blue. It has to have one of these Letters on the Square. Now I will leave it to you ...If you want to use your own ideas that's absolutely fine. If you need a pattern from this 'easy peasy' book I will be very pleased to send a pattern on email.   The patterns are very easy even I could do them!

If you are interested either email me or pop over to RAV SIBOL Group.

So if you are interested please email me  Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

I honestly don't mind how you Crochet or Knit the Square. You can make the Letter or Number in any colour you like. But the Square must be 6" and in the colours of Red, White and Blue. Thank you.

Now this morning I have already received a Square from Craftymizz. She chose the Letter 'O' and she's made a wonderful Square. Thank you very much. Here it is...

Steph (UK) Your Olympic 'Letter O' has arrived thank you!

Now as the weekend is approaching we are starting to get in to our SIBOL 100 'party mood'. So I do hope you watch this space!  I'll keep you guessing now!!

Have a good day everyone!

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment