Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 19 September 2011

Four Ta - Dahs!! Squares from the UK.

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Well it's been quite an exciting day here at HQ It felt like that Christmas Day feeling all over again! I went to my porch this morning and there on the floor I found this.



A large parcel for Squares I thought to myself. I thought maybe someone has donated 'SIBOL' some yarn. I had a feel and a prod....Then started opening it...... To my amazement I saw a Blanket, I could not believe my eyes. It was not just one Blanket, there was a 2nd and a 3rd and a 4th! and two Squares! Tears literally came to my eyes this morning. Then I found a card it was from Chalky's World.
If you click on it you will be able to read it better.

Not Squares in this parcel, but.......>


Linda at Chalky's World had collected Squares from Ladies at the MSE thread. Now if you don't know this thread it is well worth a visit. The Ladies are just a wonderful bunch, they have very regularly donated Squares to SIBOL for various Challenges and not only do they Crochet and Knit for me, they do it for other Charitites such as Loving Hands. They work very hard all year round.  Linda has put their Squares together just so beautifully I cannot thank her  enough, I was just so tearful this morning.  I'm amazed to be honest because it was only the other  day that I was reading her blog and she was showing all the beautiful things that she had made for Charities little did I know that the Blankets were coming our way! Secret Chalky!

The kindness shown to me by Linda and the Ladies at MSE is just so lovely. The Squares and Blankets are all so superb! Thank you all so much.

I went out into the Garden to take some photographs this morning, I couldn't wait to share them with you.

So we have four Ta - Dah's! I know that takes us up to 94 now. Golly 6 more.  You know each one of our Sunshine Blankets is 'unique'. This is one of my Husbands favourite words on finishing a Blanket. He always says there is not one that is the same. 'Each one is unique!'.  Our Elderly folk are going to have a lot of pretty Blankets over their knees this Winter don't you think? We certainly will be brightening up some Nursing Homes. I can't wait to deliver them in October/November.

Now let's have a look at these MSE Blankets.

SIBOL 91

Thank you to all the Ladies over on MSE thread that have made these Squares. Chalky75 has very kindly put the Squares together and donated this Beautiful Blanket. I am just so grateful to them all!.



SIBOL 92

Ladies over on MSE sent these Squares to Chalky75 who very kindly made the Blanket and donated to SIBOL! Wow!



SIBOL 93

Ladies over on the MSE Thread sent these Squares to Chalky75 who very kindly made this Blanket up and donated to SIBOL! i am just so touched by your kindness. Thank You all!



SIBOL 94

Thanks to the Ladies on MSE who have very kindly donated these beautiful Squares and to Chalky75 who has assembled them and sent them to SIBOL! Amazing!


I'm sure you will agree these Blankets are just the prettiest things. They even came with Crocheted chains to wrap them up and one of them SIBOL 91 even had two Butterflies with it. I have to say I have a 'Butterfly Stash' as well as 'Square Stash' so I found some Butterflies already made to help me.  I just couldn't wait to load these photos up.

Today we will have four Ta - Dah's in our Slide Show. Sit back Linda and the Ladies on MSE and have a look at your Squares. Can you spot your own?





I have been doing SIBOL work all day today. Not only did I have Blankets delivered but I also had such lovely Squares. They are from Carol in the UK. Carol is a new 'SIBOLETTE' welcome to our Group! I do hope you enjoyed making the Squares for SIBOL. It's a really lovely set of Squares and I have been outside to take some photos for you. I was also telling Carol how pretty her Granny Squares looked, they have wonderful colour combinations. .

Beautiful Flower Squares!









Created with flickr slideshow.


I do hope you enjoyed your Slide Show Carol, thank you for sending the Squares.

Tonight I hope to continue with our Cupcake Blanket, so I'll keep you posted on that one.
Thanks to the Ladies over on RAV for keeping a couple of Challenges going for me. If you are interested in
helping please pop over to RAV our SIBOL Group. The link is over on the right hand side of this blog. I can't get signed in at the moment.

Have a lovely evening everyone!
Thanks for visiting!

x Sue x

6 comments:

  1. I'm overwhelmed. How amazing and huge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! i think i would have cried too!! Absolutely fantastic ladies xxx
    and welcome Carol your squares are gorgeous too my lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what beautiful blankets, what lovely ladies.
    I'm glad my squares were ok, thank you for my slideshow and for being so appreciative Sue.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing package! I love the unique designs and especially love the diagonal squares in #91.

    ReplyDelete
  5. morning sue and all at SIBOL , wow that package would have made me cry too , the blankets are beautiful , i love the xmas ones too , lots of love mel , k1 p1 , keep up all the good workladys , love ya sue xxxxi think ur amazing xzxxxxx

    ReplyDelete