Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 10 September 2011

A Double Ta - Dah!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Welcome to 'SIBOL'.

I'm very pleased to be showcasing two new 'SIBOLS' this afternoon.  It does take time to do the finishing bits to the Blankets and indeed take the photos and load everything up, so many apologies for keeping you waiting on these two.

First of all may I say thank you to 'Jean Nock' who has very kindly assembled SIBOL 87 for me. I would like a name for this one please Ladies!

The Squares that have been sent in I have had for a few months now. We had such a lot of Squares for the Men's Blankets I am still working through them. Jean Nock has very kindly given me some help lately with them. I'm sure you will agree she has made a superb job of putting the Blanket together for me.

Let's take a look at this one, and thank you so much if you can see your Square! You know I am always so very grateful to you!

We're off outside! ,,,,,,,


Gorgeous isn't it? The Squares are amazing, thank you so much. Here's our Slide Show for SIBOL 87!





Great Squares Ladies, thank you!

My second SIBOL is Number 88!

I was amazed the other morning  when a parcel arrived at my home. It was from joyce28.  On receiving it I thought golly joyce28 has made a lot of Squares here, only to find that inside was a whole Blanket. On looking closely I noticed  she had used the pattern from the Charity Supplement of 'Knit Today'.  These Squares were designed by Dorothy Wood who is on the 'Knit Today' panel.

I cannot thank you enough joyce28. The Blanket is just perfect. I can never get over how kind Ladies are towards my SIBOL project. To make a Blanket up using your own time and then donating it to me so that I can give it to the Elderly is just so wonderful. Thank you so very much.

I am sure you will want to see more of the Blanket now, let's take a look at it.

This Blanket has been made and donated to SIBOL by joyce28.


This one is gorgeous too!

Here's your Slide Show joyce28!





Fantastic Blanket thank you!

If you would like a go at these Squares in the second Blanket. I am going to make up a second Blanket for 'Knit Today'. Would you 'hopefully' like to see your Square in the magazine?  I am collecting 'Simple Squares' for a second Blanket, so email me for the pattern.  Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
When the second Blanket is made up I will send photos through to the Editor of 'Knit Today'. So please email me!

Well I've had a busy day here again at 'Two Times'. I hope it won't be long before you see some more 'Sunshine Blankets'.  Did you like them both? I hope so.

Thanks 'Jean Nock', Thanks 'joyce28'.

x Sue x

4 comments:

  1. absolutely fabulous! well done Ladies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely granny squares! I haven't crocheted in many years. It seems the quilting scene had kept me too busy to get back into it but I have donated many quilts to various organizations so we have the same focus:)

    Just a thought, but I didn't care for the music which is no big deal to shut it off, but took me forever to find it! I think the option could have been put on further up on the side bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sue , both the bankets are stunning , i love the finishing touches of the butterflys , beautiful , u are always very busy sue , well done ladys , love u lots mel k1 p1 project xxx

    ReplyDelete