Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 8 September 2011

What a lot of post!!!

Hi Everyone!

Some days I don't have any, somedays I have a lot! Today is one of those days when I have  'a lot!'.  At 7.30am this morning the Postman opened my porch. Wow! How many parcels did he deliver?

At 7.30 am this morning, these arrived! I had to wait until later on in the day before I could open them.

It was just like Christmas over and over again! The trouble was I couldn't stop to open them. I had to go out which was such a shame!........I was back during the morning but unfortunately I was out again till the afternoon. What a busy day for 'Mrs Twins!'.

When I did manage to get round to take some photos, I just didn't know where to start.  I lay everything out on the patio table out of the sun to take some good shots.  But even the table didn't seem big enough to hold everything that had been delivered today!

Beautiful Blankets and Squares!

The very first parcel I opened was from joyce28! I thought joyce you have been busy with your Squares, are they more Olympics?  I opened the box to find..........that she had very kindly made the most beautiful 'Sunshine Blanket'. Do you know what Squares she had made for it?  Can you tell? If you look closely you will see that they are the 'Knit Today' Squares! How kind was that? joyce had put together her very own 'Sunshine Blanket' and donated it to SIBOL.  In her letter, it actually said (and I'm sure she won't mind me telling you!) 'I hope you will accept this Blanket as part of your SIBOL 'collection'.  Well joyce how can I refuse?  It is absolutely stunning.

But Ladies this is just a tiny peep at the Blanket, you will have to wait until I have made the Butterflies and found some ribbon before you can see it, so please stay tuned!

joyce28 I will be very happy indeed to accept this marvellous Blanket, thank you so...much for making this for SIBOL. I'm sure an Elderly person is just going to love this and...I'm going to send a photo up to 'Knit Today' along with the other one I am hoping to make.  If you want the pattern please email me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Thank you joyce28!

But that wasn't the only Blanket to arrive today.  Jean Nock has very kindly assembled another Blanket up for me. The colours in this one are Red and Blue mainly. They are part of the Mens collection I have still.
I know you want to see more, but once again you'll have to wait until I can get the Butterflies made and also sorted some ribbon/yarn out to decorate the Blankets.

Thank you so ....much Jean Nock, I am most grateful to you for helping me out.

Over on Ravelry we have some very kind Ladies in our Group. They too work very hard indeed for SIBOL. I am very pleased now to be showing you some gorgeous Squares that have arrived from Coxabey in the UK.  She has made such pretty Squares, all fantastic patterns and indeed colour combinations.  I'm sure if you see anything you like she'll be very happy to tell you where she obtained the pattern from.

Let's take a look now at her Squares.

Coxabey (UK) Your Squares arrived today! Thank You!


I'm sure you'll want to see them closer! Coxabey I have made you a Slide Show and thank you so much for your Squares.




Created with flickr slideshow.


Another Lady who has worked very hard making Squares is Dolphin Sunshine from Germany.  I am very grateful to you Dolphin Sunshine for making such a quantity of Granny Squares. They simply are gorgeous. The colour combinatins are so good and the yarn is shiny and soft and such a pleasure to touch.

I hope you enjoy looking at your Squares now. I can't believe how many Squares you have made for SIBOL, it's simply wonderful. Thank you very much indeed.

50 Beautiful, Beautiful Grannies Ladies!


Here's your Slide Show now sit back and enjoy!



Created with flickr slideshow.


Beautiful Blankets, Beautiful Squares thank you Ladies very much indeed.
I will show you the 'Sunshine Blankets' as soon as I have taken the photos which won't be too long!

Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' this evening, I do hope you have enjoyed looking at this post.

x Sue x

4 comments:

  1. So pleased you liked all the squares - for anyone who wants further details on the various patterns used, I've blogged about most of them at www.coxabey.wordpress.com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, You make me feel as I was right beside you as you opened these packages! These blankets and squares are so beautiful. These ladies are so very talented. Thanks for the great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow indees. That will keep you busy!!

    ReplyDelete