Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 2 September 2011

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL 86! New Squares from the UK and a Farmyard Blanket to show you!

Good Evening to everyone visiting 'SIBOL!'

I'm very pleased to be showing you our latest SIBOL!  This one is Number 86 and I am absolutely over the moon with it.

I have to thank Rainbow Ribbon in the UK she has made the Blanket and donated it to SIBOL.  Isn't that nice of her?. The Squares are just so pretty and they are in gorgeous colour combinations. I can't wait to show you.

Rainbow Ribbon (UK) made and donated this beautiful Blanket to SIBOL!


Beautiful Butterflies too! How kind of you to make them.

I love the colour combination and the beautiful Butterflies she made!


I've put together a Slide Show for you Rainbow Ribbon.  I was wondering if you could think of a name for your Blanket please?

Thank you so much I love your Blanket and I know an Elderly person is just going to love cuddling up with this one!





Gorgeous isn't it?

I have two sets of pretty Squares to show you too!

The first set is from bonsall (UK). These Squares will be great for our Elderly Men! Thank you so much for making them bonsall, it's very kind of you.

bonsall (UK) Your Squares arrived today! They are great for Mens bonsall! Thank you so much! 

Jean Nock (UK) has also sent in some pretty Flower Squares which will be so useful. Thank you very much Jean Nock I love your Squares too!

Jean Nock (UK) Your Squares arrived today! Thank you!


Haven't these Ladies been working hard! Thank you both so much.



Golly a busy post this evening.

It's always so nice when new Ladies email me and I have struck up a lovely friendship with Laura who has a little Girl called Freya.  Laura very kindly made us two Squares for our SIBOL Farmyard Blanket a red tractor and a pig 'my favourite'. The Squares were fantastic. Here they are.

Laura (UK) Your Squares arrived today! Thank You!


They looked beautiful in our Farmyard Blanket.

Please 'add note' if you see your Square!


Now Laura has been so inspired by our SIBOL Farmyard Blanket that she decided to make a Blanket herself.  Now this Blanket is going to be for her Mother and she is going to make another one for her little Girl.

When she mailed me today I asked her if I could show it on our web site.  Although this is not a SIBOL Blanket for the Elderly, Laura has been inspired by something she saw on SIBOL, and I'm over the moon that she wanted to have a go herself! The Blanket Laura is brilliant.




Laura said in her mail that she tried to tie the Farmyard theme into her border. She Crocheted the green first for the grass, blue for the sky, yellow for the sun and white for the clouds! 

Laura said in her mail that she has a small yard where she keeps horses, ducks and chickens and she's also got  6 vintage tractors so she  desperately wanted to do one for her  mum and daughter. I am just so pleased that you have seen something which has given you the inspiration to have a go yourself. Isn't that what it's all about?  We are a Group that works for the Elderly, but as I have said many times before we are a Crocheting and Knitting Group and we share ideas and 'inspiration' comes from Squares that we have seen and indeed 'Blankets'.

So well done to you Laura, and please let us see the second Blanket that you put together for your Daughter. This Blanket is 'magical' there is so much variety in the Squares, I'm really pleased for you it's turned out how you like.

Well finally I think that's it. It has taken me literally hours to do this post for one reason and another time has been a problem and of course the problems I have encountered have been so annoying today. Nevermind.

Have a good weekend everyone and thanks so much for visiting 'SIBOL' this evening.

x Sue x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely .......the first one caught my attention,the color combination goes perfect.Beautiful blanket and very different.Love it !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purple colored blanket and the farmyard blanket. They are works of art!
    Also, the "manly" squares are so beautiful. I love that you and your followers inspired someone to make their own farmyard blanket. I always knew you were an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yine harikasın canım ellerine sağlık.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous purple colours!! My favourite! The childrens picture squares blanket is amazing!! You have so many talented people contributing!

    ReplyDelete