Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 14 September 2011

While I'm working on Challenge blankets........and Squares today!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today!  I'm just keeping you in the picture of what's going on with our Group.


I am busy making up the Challenge Blankets at the moment.  I'm doing the second 'Tropical' one, so I hope it won't be too long before I can show you.

I also want to tell you that while I am making the Blankets up, Ladies over on Ravelry are keeping things ticking over for me. 

We have Craftymizz 'Steph' who is very kindly making up a SIBOL 100 Blanket for us. This is going to be a very, very special Blanket in a way because it will be made to mark our 100th Sunshine Blanket. The design has been thought of by Steph and I'm sure you will agree it's going to be wonderful!


25 Ladies are invited to each choose a Square, all made up from Jan Eaton's book. The colours and the size MUST be followed to make this a success. So if you are interested please......follow the link to Ravelry.  Thank you so much Steph for taking this on board for me.

Then we also have Manda's Challenges 'Amanda' who is also going to do a Challenge for us while I'm busy. She is going to collect Squares for a 'Snowmans throw!' That sounds exciting too. So if you want to make a Square with Snowmen in mind please follow the link to Ravelry and put your name down once again. 25 Ladies are invited one Square each.

I am still collecting Squares for the special 'Knit Today' Blanket. 'Simple Squares'.  If you would like a pattern for this one please email me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

We also have a link up on the right hand side bar to Luna's blog. She has a great tutorial written up and marvellous step by step photographs of the Flower Square she devised for SIBOL. So please pop over and say hello to her. You are invited to make this gorgeous Flower Square and send it to me for 'Luna's Blanket.

I still need Squares also for the 'Olympics London 2012' Blanket.  I have 49 at the moment but I need more. So Ladies why not put your thinking caps on and see what you can come up with.  I want this Blanket to be bigger and better than the Royal Wedding Blanket. I can't wait to make it up.  I am trying to raise money for the Alzheimers Society here in the UK.

Details on this one are over on my Challenge web site.

The closing date for SIBOL SWAPS is the 15th which is tomorrow, so please pop over to RAV and say hello to arien156.  She is organising the Swaps again this month. So please follow the link if you are interested and put your name down.  The Ladies over on Ravelry are exchanging such pretty Squares and homemade gifts. I'm sure you would have fun too.

Today I received Squares from joyce28.  joyce28 has made me three more pretty Squares for the 'Knit Today' Blanket. Such wonderful colours.  As I was saying earlier in this post, if you are interested please email me Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net. I will then send you the pattern.  Thank you so much joyce28 for the gorgeous Squares, I love the colours! Here they are!



Gorgeous aren't they? Why not have a go! Thanks joyce28.

I think that is about all for now, thanks Steph and Amanda for helping me out.

I'm so happy you've visited our web-site today. It's always nice to hear from new Ladies who want to take part in our Group. I thank you also for the great comments left on our 'Grow me a Garden' Blanket. I have tried to get over to your blogs, but I'm having problems 'again' with signing in. Is anyone else?

Thank you all so much for supporting our SIBOL project.

x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Been over to Rav and signed up. Olympics is giving me heck. My poor brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay thank you Louise i've bought a new jotter to keep track hehe I will be putting pics here also as they arrive :)

    Awesome squares Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete