Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Sunday 21 March 2010

Do I have to be an Expert Crocheter or Knitter to contribute?

Thank you all very much for comments on 'Across the Oceans!'. I really enjoyed making the Blanket and I really do think it has a 'maritime' feel to it.

It seems all our Blankets have acquired names, except one! If you scroll down the blog. Right side at the bottom. You will see photographs of the Blankets we have made together. There is one Blanket second from the bottom that is sad, because it hasn't got a name! Any ideas are welcome!

Our Followers are increasing day by day, and I would like to welcome all new Friends.

Can I just say everybody is welcome to join in our fun. You really do not need to be 'an expert' at either Crocheting or Knitting. The Square does not need to be 'perfect' either. We are all at different levels in our 'crafting'. I'm sure all our Squares will be made with Love and Compassion and they will be gratefully received by myself when I make them into Blankets and when they reach their destination.

The only requirement really is that they are 6" (15cms x 15cms) with a straight edge easier for joining. It doesn't matter what colour they are, what design either. You are just free to do whatever you feel like making. Try out that new pattern you've seen in a book or perhaps you've been sent it by a Friend. If you have Acrylic yarn that would be great, but if you haven't it's no big deal. Just use what ever you have!

I'm always so excited every day when someone new emails me and says they want to get involved. I'm only too pleased to send my address details on to them for when the Squares are ready. I get such a buzz when someone new shows an interest.

So please don't be shy. Don't think that you're Crocheting or Knitting is not good enough. It is, and all are welcome! You may have just started Crocheting and feel that you want to take part in a worthwhile project so it might be a simple Granny Square, that's absolutely fine. Or maybe you want to try a really involved Square from one of the many books on the shelves. Please do have a go. All Squares will be gratefully received by me.

Thank you

~~~~Sue~~~~

4 comments:

  1. {Sun} Where over the Rainbow
    The Wizards of Sun
    Sunshine Surprise
    Roses in the Sun

    I think I need to think hard. It will come to me in the middle of the night...... When the SUN is Set

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Sue - here is a real stupid question. Are the granny squares to be 6 inches on the diagonal? Or is the square to be 6 inches by 6 inches? I made mine 6 inches on the diagonal but if that is too small I can add a another round or two if need be. Thanks for your email. This will be the first package I've ever mail over seas!

    Teacup Lane (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kate's "Sunshine Surprise"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy
    I've sent you a mail.
    In answer to your question so others know.
    It's not a stupid question at all!
    6" x 6" on the Square.
    (Not diagonal).

    Don't worry too much Ladies because I put an edging on them I can make them all the same size, so if it's a bit out please don't worry.


    Karin
    Yes it was a good name. We'll call it that!
    'Sunshine Surprise!' named by Kate (The Garden Bell).

    Nice name.

    ReplyDelete