Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 31 March 2010

Thank you Luna and Louise! Your Squares have arrived today!

Hi Everyone on Wednesday!

LUNA COULD I JUST ASK IS THERE A PATTERN PLEASE TO THE BIG WHITE FLOWER SQUARE? I HAVE A FRIEND ON FLICKR ASKING! THANK YOU!

Luna will be relieved today.  Her Squares have arrived safely and have touched down in the UK! They have been a long time coming.  It's always nice to know when Squares have arrived.  I tell the sender straight away, as I know you are anxious to know.

Such beautiful Squares Luna.  Colourful Grannies and lovely Flower Squares.  Elizabeth Cat suggested a
Flower Blanket for a theme.  So yes, we'll do that soon. Of course we have the 'Sun' themed Blanket going on at the moment. Last Squares must be in by 21st April.  Karin suggested this one. She wondered whether we could make the 'Sunniest Sunshine Blanket Ever!'.  By that she means it's got to be so bright and cheerful that you probably need your sunglasses to look at it. It can be a square that looks like the sun, it can be a bright flower, you know oranges and yellows. Really anything you like.  I have crocheted  'Little Miss Sunshine'.  The Squares which have come in already are really bright, I can tell you know. So let your imagination run riot with you and have a fun time.

It's nice to do 'themed' Blankets it gives the Blankets more interest I think.

Here's Luna's Squares in my Conservatory.


Luna, Texas, USA. Thank you!

Luna all your Squares are now in the Slide Show I do hope you enjoy looking at them.

I was amazed at 12.45 our second post arrived.  Another package! Gosh we are getting a lot in this week! You certainly are keeping me on my toes. This time it was from Louise, Handmade in Gibraltar. Thank you so much Louise for the package, the Squares are delightful! Two really bright ones for the 'sun' themed Blanket. I presume the others are for the other Blankets.  So more photos in the Conservatory were called for.  Another Slide show too. So the Slide show is now updated to include the Squares from Louise.

Gibraltar Louise Thank you! Your Squares arrived this morning! We need sunglasses again! Thank you!

Thank you both for gorgeous Squares! You're both very kind and I just get so......excited!


MESSAGE TO LUNA.

Amber is stuck on your square diagram a few posts back. Can you help her? I am just about to have a go myself. Thankyou. x

4 comments:

  1. Pilar (pertinitaco)31 March 2010 at 13:54

    and they keep coming! Beautiful squares once again, lovely all of them. Sue, as I said before, it looks like you (and your postman!) will be quite busy for the next months!!
    Hugs, Pilar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, these squares are lovely!
    Do you know where to start..... and where does it end?
    It's fantastic to see this snowball growing and growing.
    I read (was it on Flickr?) the next theme will be "blue and white". Is that correct?
    If so, I can start searching for the yarn!
    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think, it was Kimbles who suggested after you sent me the apron Karin! We haven't officially announced it, but talking of it. Elizabeth Cat wants to do a 'flower' blanket too for the sunshine blankets! Good idea.
    Do you know the possibilities are endless, what good fun! x

    Pilar, very nice of you to comment. I'm over the moon with kindness from ladies. They all seem to want to have a go, and its great that we can do something so jointly.!

    I don't mind keeping the Postman in work do you?
    x

    Beatiful squares from Luna today and Louise, thank you Ladies for helping me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. could you tell me what size squares are needed
    and the address to send them to

    ReplyDelete