Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 20 March 2010

Thank you for Squares! Kim and Debra

Hi Everyone on Saturday,

It was a bit difficult for me to show you these Squares yesterday because I was out and about with Mr. Twin. Kim very kindly sent me her 'Sunny Squares'.  They really are so..........bright and beautiful thank you Kim.

Kimbles Sunshine Squares! Aren't they bright and sunny! Thank you!

Also Debra's Squares from the USA arrived this morning. They really are so pretty and I'm so pleased you have joined in the fun with us.

More Squares from across the pond USA. Debra Thank you very much!

Thank you Kim and Debra very much.

May I welcome all our new Followers to 'SIBOL', I hope you are enjoying reading about our project. We certainly are having a lot of fun.

Last night I uploaded photos on Flickr of the latest Blanket.  Pertinitaco (Pilar) was on line at the time and she suggested that we call the Blanket 'Across the Oceans' SIBOL.  She said the Blanket reminds her of the maritime flags they use on ships, like the 'signal flags'.  When you look at it yes I can see what she means. It's because of Kim's 'Anatasia X', we think.  She said the blue curly edge looks just like the sea waves.

Bethel said, " We are all across the Oceans from each other but at the end of a click in 'cyberspace!'.

So here it is. 'Across the Oceans' SIBOL.

'Across the Oceans' SIBOL.

That's the fourth Blanket we've made now. A joint effort with Friends all across the  World. A truly International effort, and aren't we having fun!

Contributors to this Blanket were:-
Kate                        (The Garden Bell) (USA)
Cathy                       (Ed 4448) Flickr (USA)
Rita (UK)
Elizabeth Cat            (Flickr) (Latvia)
Brenda                     (BrendaS2 Flickr) (UK)
Aishwarya                (Arien 156) (Singapore)
Louise                      (Handmade in Gibraltar)
Pilar                         (Flickr Pertinitaco) (Spain)
Michelle                   (Kim's Daughter 'Little Kimbles'. (UK)
Kim                         (Kimbles at Home) (UK)
Amy                        (Amy Woo Flickr) (UK)
Sue (Me)                 (Mrs Twins) (UK)
Jacquie                    (Bunny Mummy) (UK)

If you can't see your Square please bear with me. It will be used.  I seem to be colour co-ordinating.

Okay, here are our four 'SIBOLS!'. 'Sunshine International Blankets of Love' for the Elderly. All my Flickr and Blogland friends have helped me make these Blankets. If you'd like to join in the fun, you are most welcome! Details below Thank you!

Have a good Saturday! Thank you all for your help.  If there are any other Friends who would like to help please email me or leave a comment. Thank you.    sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

6 comments:

  1. I love "Across the Oceans" it turned out so beautiful! Thanks again for your comment on my blog.. I did try another square and this time got it to be 6 inches! Practice, practice, practice! My sunny squares will be on their way to you soon.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandy, I'm pleased you are joining in with us! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ....wow .....I love them ....colors ....everything is looking beautiful.

    Thanks ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're all doing so well!! Congratulations, the blankets look fabulous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Luna pleased you like the Blankets.

    Doris. HI there! Nice to say hello to you! I'm pleased you have seen the Blankets!
    Hope you are okay!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty!!!!
    You definitely have a talent on co-ordinating the squares together and the eding

    ReplyDelete