Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 12 March 2010

IN THE MAIL

Well they're in the mail for what they're worth.


I'm a little embarassed at my knitted squares after looking at all the pretty crocheted ones everyone has sent.
Crochet seems a much better medium when doing squares for lap blankets and, at this time of year, wool is not readily available in sunny Queensland. I've tried to put a holey pattern in them so they are more like the crocheted ones.
When I return from holidays the weather will be cooler and I have booked myself in to "Learn-to-Crochet" classes. I'm so inspired by all these clever ladies and their lovely blankets/rugs I'm dying to give it a go.

Cheers
Helen from Lady Helsie's Happenings

5 comments:

  1. Helen
    These Squares are great! So please don't worry. I'll have fun putting these into 'Sunshine Blankets' One has to go into the centre of the Friendship Blanket too! I have a space waiting for you to arrive!

    All the best with your Crocheting classes!
    I'm desperate to try this hand dying yarn. I've been making some enquiries.
    That's Kate inspiring me!
    I'm really pleased you've done some Squares and I'll looking forward to 'touching' them!
    Hugs Suex and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you knitted squares. You are doing wonderful. More important you are taking a crochet class. It will be so nice to know the basics before you big trip coming up. So, much easier to just pull out of that travel bag.

    We love having you along for the ride.

    Now, to check Sue's blog and see what she is up to with the yarn dyeing. I can't wait to see what she comes up with.

    So, glad to be on board here for team play. Now, I have to create something to actually post.

    Kate - The Garden Bell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pilar (pertinitaco in flickr)12 March 2010 at 14:54

    I think these squares look lovely! I wish I could knit! I've tried some things, but I'm just useless at it, find crochet a lot easier!
    Pilar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good news to me Pilar. I need it to be not too difficult
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your squares are lovely Helsie. It's wonderful that you have joined in.
    I am a knitter as well, but I prefer to crochet the squares as they come together very quickly. Anything for a quick fix ☺

    ReplyDelete