Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 24 March 2010

Just reminding anyone...........

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to all our New Followers! It's so nice to have you with us.

Everyone knows I am making Blankets for the Elderly, collecting Squares in from all around the World. But are you aware of our first Challenge? Some days ago Karin posted an idea on 'SIBOL'. I'm going to post it again because if you haven't already sent a Square in to me, for 'The Sunniest Sunshine Blanket Ever!' it might be a good idea to read it. The closing date for these special Squares is 21st April. But of course I shall be collecting Squares for other Blankets all year round. We are going to have these special challenges every now and then because it 'spurs' us on a little.

So here's Karin's post from a few days ago....... Please join us.


Last night I couldn't sleep. Suddenly I had this idea:
Why don't we all crochet a few sunshine squares in sunshine colours to make the Sunniest Sunshine Blanket of the year.
I've made this "blanket" of images to inspire you all:


Don't you love the colours? All the different shades of yellow, orange, pink and a little bit of red.
Are you inspired by these colours and shapes, please crochet or knit the most sunny squares you can imagine and send them to Sue.
I can't wait to see the result.

Can I just say if you have made Squares for the ordinary Blankets or for the special 'Sunshine' Blanket, would you like to post your photos on to my Flickr group 'Blankets for the Elderly 2010?'. This is a special group on Flickr where we are posting photos of the Squares and Blankets. You can upload them on there before you send them to me if you want to or I will do it when they arrive at mine.

If you're not on Flickr photos, why not join them. It's a great place to post your photos and meet new Friends in the Crafting Community. Everyone are so nice and friendly.

Thank you.
Everyone is welcome to join in the fun and if you have any queries please email me sueatpigsty@talktalk.net or leave a comment. If you'd like an invitation to 'team blog' with us please let me know. 'SIBOL' is by invitation only. I'd only be too pleased to send an invitation out to you.
The more the merrier!

Bye for now, Happy Crocheting or Knitting!

~~Sue~~

No comments:

Post a Comment