Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 11 March 2010

Do you want to take part in a Crocheting or Knitting Challenge?

Hi Everyone,

First of all I must thank Molly for putting that button on our blog.  It really is a great idea and I hope you'll all grab it!  (Scroll down)  She's done really well with it. I haven't got a clue how she did it! But thanks Molly. Also for that beautiful Smiling Face Square. Her talents are endless! Thank you.

Well as Karin was suggesting the Square Challenge (9th March post) for newbies! I thought I'd have a go. You know I have twins. I always refer to  my Daughters as 'Little Miss Twins'. Well I thought I would take another Little Miss from the series. So my Square is 'Little Miss Sunshine!'. I'm not very happy with it I have to say. But it sort of gives the idea to people that we are looking for everyone to use their imagination (even though I copied sshh!!) Anything to do with the 'Sun'.  This has got to be the 'Sunniest Sunshine Blanket Ever'.  Now I don't know what every one else thinks. But I thought we had better have a deadline on this Blanket as it's a special one. So I've said 21st April. Is that okay with everyone?

Here's my attempt, as I said I'm not very happy with it. Although she has a big smile on her face!

Make a 6

I don't know what you think but if this Challenge is taken on by our readers, shall we do some more? Different themes, maybe for different occasions?  Holidays, Christmas, etc., ? All a bit of fun.
Well I'm going to try and sort the blogs out. Running slow, lost my blog roll etc.,

A couple of other things I want to mention.

We have started to name the Blankets.

No.1  - 'The Never Boring Afghan' by LauraLRF (On Flickr).
No.2  - (Any ideas?)
No.3  - 'Alice in Sunshineland' by Karin. (My Mom's name is Alice).

I was wondering if anyone leaves a comment, could you tell me whether you hear my music?
I spend a lot of time trying to find the right music and I can hear it my end, but I'm finding you can't? Is that right?

Also a big thank you to Bienzfive Maria on Flickr and Jacquie for sending me some gorgeous Squares today.
Bienzfive from USA. Thank you so much, Your Squares arrived this morning! They are beautiful, some really pretty blues!

Maria's Squares (Bienzfive)

Pretty Squares from the UK! Bunny Mummy. Thank you so much!

Jacquie's Squares

Both sets are really pretty. Thank you both.

~  Sue  ~

6 comments:

  1. Count me in Sue! no idea what I will do - but I will do something - and see if Little Kimbles will too! I can't hear music - but I don't mind because it seems to load easier on tired old computer without!!! Congratulations on the success of SIBOL - long may it continue!! Have a great evening (ps I must be learning something I managed to post the SIBOL button to my blog without asking anyone!!hehe!! **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kim about the music, can't hear it and it loads way quicker without.
    I'm in too!!! Will have to hurry, cause I lose a week in posting. Mine will be plain though. Just can't match your wonderful square.
    This is snowballing!!!!
    Only downside for me is that I don't get to read all the comments - unless I click on each post. I like the way that all my blog comments get sent to me direct.
    I don't want to miss anything on here, cause your all awake while I'm sleeping ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say that I love the name for the third blanket - your mother's name seems to go with it as if it was meant to be

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes she was clever !
    Mom's not having it though!!!!!!
    Blog comments sent to you that's brilliant.
    On email I presume.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK.... this is too cool. But, I need the actually invite. I don't want to be left off this one..... I'm adding your button to my scroller right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment about the button, but I just used the header that you made, so the credit should go to you. By all means count me in on the challenge, the deadline just also happens to be my daughters birthday, isn't that something? I think theme challenges would be a great idea, plus it would be fun. So count me as a vote for yes on that also. Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete