Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 29 March 2010

This is a Challenge ...Let us start crocheting together.

Luna Square. You can use hook E 3.5mm or hook F 4.00 mm.


Hi everyone ! Have a blessed week.This is an invitation to all of you who enjoy crocheting....yes ..let start crocheting together.I have this beautiful square pattern for all of you who can or would be interested in participating ( No Obligation) Let's make this square and when you finish it just posted it in here and if you can we can mail it to Mrs. Twin anytime we will be ready to do so. Let have fun..... , let use all pieces of yarn that we have around our baskets and boxes with no use at all....I will start making this square in a bit...! ENJOY !!! LUNA !


PATTERN :

1- chain of 8 .

2- 16 single crochet ( all around )

3- 8 double crochet as follow - 1 double crochet , chain of 5 ,skip one stitch and , 1 double crochet , chain of 5 , skip one stitch , 1 doble crochet , chain of 5 , skip one stitch and ect . ect. til' completing 8 double crochet all around. Go To The Pattern.

4- FLOWER - (crocheting in Chain of 5 ) first 1/2 of the PETAL - a single crochet then half double crochet and 2 double crochet or triple crochet then chain of 2 , repeat the same for the second half of the PETAL. Continue and complete all 8 petals ( all around ). Go To The Pattern.

5- ALL AROUND THE PETALS - starting with chain of 7 , following with another chain of 9 , again chain of 7 , following with chain of 9 , again chain of 7 , following nad las chain of 9.
Go TO The Pattern.

6- 13 single crochet , then chain of 3 , 19 single crochet , then chain of 3 , 19 single crochet , then chain of 3 , then 19 single crochet , then chain of 3 , then 19 single crochet , then chain of 3 and for last ...... 6 single crochet . Go To The Pattern.

7- 13 single crochet , then 21 single crochet , then chain of 3 , then 21 single crochet , then chain of 3 , then 21 single crochet , then chain of 3 , then for last 7 single crochet. Go To The Pattern.

8- 48 double crochet all around as follow- 1 double crochet , chain of 1 then skip 1 stitch and again 1 double crochet , chain of 1 , then skip 1 stitch and repeat .....IN THE CORNERS YOU HAVE TO CROCHET a Chain of 3 and again repeat the first steps .Go To The Pattern.

Note : if you want you can crochet a small border with single crochet all around to keep square nice and firm. Also you can use a different color.

For Reference ............Please always look on the Pattern ...!

10 comments:

  1. This one is scarey to me. I think we need more instructions to get this done... help. I'm up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Problem Sweetheart (Garden Bell ) ....I will help you with a little more.....There you have more instructions to follow .Take care and have a blessed week!

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luna Thank you!!
    I am sure Friends will be trying this wonderful pattern out.
    I shall later on.
    Its very good of you to do this for us!
    Have a good day Luna!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pilar (pertinitaco)30 March 2010 at 12:01

    I join in!! Looks beautiful Luna. The idea of all of us trying a new pattern at the same time is fantastic, so funny! Thanks for sharing
    Pilar

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started mine last night. Center flower is finished. I will be doing a little hooking at the ball fields tonight. Will post pics when its finished. Thanks for the pattern.

    Amber~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased everyone is trying this out! Welcome to team blogging Amber!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone else out there like me and wondering what that fab book is that Luna gets her awesome patterns from??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AZBelle ! I will give you the Titles of them if you need them.I'll be glad to share them with you.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Mrs. Twins. I love this blog!! Check it daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh my Grls I go away for 5 mins & look what you get up too... I had better get my skids on I think... this looks a fabulous pattern... thanks Luna...

    ReplyDelete