Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 7 April 2010

Busy Wednesday thanks to my Friends!

Hi Everyone!

Well first of all I really want to thank everyone for the kind comments on  'The Citrus Blanket of Love'.  I'm glad you like it.  I just want to say I couldn't do these Blankets without the help of everyone.  I've been so overwhelmed at the amount of Squares I have received today, I just can't thank you enough. 

At 8.15am I went to the Front door to see my Daughter off to work and there on the carpet was a parcel, quite a big parcel at that. I first of all thought it was more 'cleaning liquid' from the Shopping Channel Mr. Twin seems to be forever buying! But no, it was from Linda in West Palm Beach, Florida.  She had sent me 44 Squares and it really took me by surprise! I was just so overjoyed and utterly amazed that Linda had taken the time and trouble to make me so many Squares! I would like to say 'Thank you once again Linda for the parcel!  :)   It was nice also to read about your dear 'Posy!'. 'Posy' will sit on Linda's lap while she is reading our blog and enjoy her 'puppy rubs!'. How Sweet!  Hello Posy! :)

I hope everyone enjoys looking at Linda's large amount of Squares, so unexpected, thank you. They actually took up all the space on my Sofa today.

Enough Squares from Linda to fill my sofa in the Conservatory.

Linda from Florida sent me 44 Squares! Aren't they fantastic! Beautiful colours! Thank you so much Linda!

So I was busy loading Lindas' photos on to Flickr then suddenly Lunchtime was here. A knock to the front door and it was the Lunchtime Postie. He needed a signature.  Two more packages one from Helen 'Lady Helsie' and the other from Marg ' Sunshine? Paradise?  Both of these Friends live in Australia. 

I have been quite worried about Helens' Squares they have seemed so late arriving. I actually thought they had got lost, but no they finally arrived safely today. 'Reflections of Flowers on a Lake ' Elizabeth Cat described Helens' Squares today! Such pretty colours. Not Crocheted this time, they were Knitted, but that doesn't matter at all. It will be a pleasure to put them into the Blankets.

Lady Helsie Your Squares have 'finally' arrived this morning! I have been so worried about them. They have taken forever! Coming all the way from Australia! I thought they had got lost! Pleased to say they have arrived safely! Thank you Helen!

Isn't this wool/yarn so pretty! Love the colours Helen has used. Thank you Helen!

Marg lives in Australia too, I just can't believe these Squares come from so far away! Brilliant.  I hope you will check out 'Sunshine? Paradise? Marg does some lovely Quilting over there and it has been lovely to have a look at her work.  From a photograph  she had put on her blog it looked as though she was having just a wee bit of trouble with her cat  who decided to walk all over the material on the floor! She sent me some lovely Blue and White Squares which will be fantastic for the blue and white challenge. Thank you Marg! Marg is on Flickr M@rg21 and the Squares were from '200 Crochet Blocks'. Thanks for letting us know.

Blue and White Squares arrive today from Marg in Australia. Thank you, so pretty!

4 Blue and White Squares for the 'SIBOL' project from Marg in Australia. Thank you!

So thank you to those three Friends today, you certainly made my day!
Thanks to everyone too who continues to read 'SIBOL' every day which is amazing. Quite a few Friends have told me they read us every day and I'm really pleased that you find it interesting enough.

If anyone thinks they have anything to offer on 'SIBOL' please email me. 'SIBOL' is 'team blogging' and if you would like to write a post you will be able to do this by invitation only. So please email me sueatpigsty@talktalk.net  and I will send an invitation out to you. My pleasure.

I'll leave you with the updated Slide Show.  I have to say I have had to do another one because I am terribly worried that the Slide Show is getting too full now with photos. So I've started another one. Please look at the earlier posts too.  The one yesterday was really interesting.  A vintage rose afghan which has inspired us to make Flower Squares for one of our next themes  if anyone is interested.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure are keeping the postman busy! My squares should hopefully be arriving any day now. I love all the new ones you got, especially the blue and white ones, they are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look forward to that SAndy. They are lovely. Its taken me a while to get them photographed and loaded but I just love doing it for you all to see! Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray ....Hurrayyyyyy!!!!! Good ...More squares for Mrs. Twins .....I'm so happy .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is fantastic. The squares you received are beautiful.

    I love Linda's squares with the rainbow centre.

    As far as I can see...the knitted squares from Helsie are very soft and cuddly, they are lovely.

    I recognize the blue and white squares from Marg. I've made them too (babyblanket). Beautiful squares!

    ReplyDelete