Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 28 April 2010

Happy Wednesday! Bienzfive and Gibraltar Louise Your Squares have arrived!

Hi Everyone!

Just popping in to thank Karin for putting the Square up. Isn't it gorgeous?
I'm hoping some will have a go for our 'flower' theme. If you have 'sun' Squares still on their way, please don't worry, they will be accepted even though the Challenge has ended.

You'll be pleased to know that I have now received enough 'sun' themed Squares for 5 Blankets! Now I know what you are thinking Ladies, Gosh Sue, how will you cope with all of those! Well I have to say I will be just fine. You know I'm loving it!

Can I just say you don't have to do these Challenges, if you just want to make any Square you like please do. I realise from emails that Ladies go to work and meeting deadlines is sometimes a bit difficult. The Challenges are just for a bit of fun. It gives us ideas and something to aim for but as I say you don't have to do them.

Please remember to enclose your email address and other details which are in side bar. When the Squares come in I like to let you know, it's just a lot quicker if I have the details to hand.

Now the exciting bit...... I have had two lots of Squares come in today. Some from NY USA from Bienzfive and the other package was from Gibraltar Louise. Funny really these two coming together, because a couple of weeks ago Gibraltar Louise asked if we could do a 'strawberries and cream' Challenge she was inspired on Flickr from Bienzfive. Now isn't that funny how the two packages arrived bundled together in an elastic band!! I couldn't help but smile.

Gibraltar Louise made some pretty Flower Squares, they are such beautiful colours and they look so delicate. I put them on my table in the Conservatory, the doilies underneath belonged to Mr. Twins' Mother. But I think they looked so beautiful displayed on there.

'Gibraltar Louise' Thank you so much for the 'Flower Squares'.  Do you want to join us? We're having fun over on 'SIBOL'!

Thank you Gibraltar Louise. Now Bienzfive has very kindly sent me some more Squares too. Have a look at these Squares, aren't they lovely too? OOh, I just love Squares don't you. Bienzfives' Squares will be perfect for the Flower Challenge and for the Strawberries and Cream. I just love the pink she has used, it is so pretty... Here's one of her photos but you will be able to see the other couple of photos in the Slide Show I have up-dated in the side bar.

Bienzfive Your Squares arrived today! Thank you!!  Such a pretty pink! Beautiful Squares for our 'Flower' and 'Strawberries and Cream' Challenges! Gorgeous Thank you!

Thank you both Gibraltar Louise and Bienzfive, well done and your help is very much appreciated.
Please have a look in the Slide show now.

So now I'll get on with the Sun theme Blankets, and aren't I looking forward to making them! Thank you all for your comments on 'Butterfly' too!

~~~ Sue ~~~

7 comments:

  1. Both of these ladies outdid themselves.. their squares are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these squares are so beautiful, Congrats ladies.
    Oh my - 5 sunshine blankets - AMAZING!!!
    You now have a NEW full time career - Congrats Sue on how well it has developed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maria! The power of the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue;) My how your garden grows....I see you have received lovely blooms for the garden from Gibraltar Louise and Bienzfive. Corals, pinks and peach are always so refreshing and uplifting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow they are so cute...al of them....congratulations.We will see so many beautiful blanketss of love....this is real love for the elderly andeveryone who need them.

    XO,XO,XO

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so beautiful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for commenting on SIBOL. You will have to forgive me for not getting back to you. I cant seem to leave comments on blogs due to 'firewall'. Stopping me! Job for Mr. Twins I think.

    ReplyDelete