Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 9 April 2010

Sunny Squares from Sandy in Arizona.

Hi Everyone,

Weekend approaches!

It's been such a beautiful day here today in the UK. Really quite warm.  I made the most this afternoon and went outside and swept the Patio, got rid of those dead plants finally!

Anyway, I'm very pleased to say today Sandy's 'sun' themed Squares arrived.  Wow! Look how bright they are! Just ideal for our 'sun' themed Blankets Ladies! Aren't they gorgeous? I just love them.

Orange and yellows perfect for a Sunny day here in the UK! Sandy has sent them from the USA. Arizona. Thank you!

I love them all but I think my favourite out of all the Squares is the one with yellow in the middle and then orange and then white.  (Over on the right). I wonder where Sandy got the patterns from? I'm always interested. Perhaps when others are sending in their Squares they would put a note inside so that I can post the details. I'm sure she'll let us know. (Yellow Square - all.crafts.net 'Tilted Square'. Yellow/Orange piece-by-piece.net 'Vintage Wheel Square'. Yellow/Orange/White 101 Granny Squares by Darla Sims Sq no.6. ) Thankyou SAndy!

Sandys 'Sunshine Squares' with the 'SIBOLS!'.

I do hope you will pop over to Sandy's blog.  You can tell from paying a visit over there that she loves her Crocheting just like we all do. She lives in Arizona and keeps Cockatiels.  My Mother kept a Cockatiel years ago when I was at home. It was so tame and would go and sit on her shoulder.  They do make a mess though, but they really are good company. 'Alberto' was the name of Mom's bird. She had him for quite a long time.  We kept Budgies as Kids.  We thought the one was a male Budgie until it kept laying loads of eggs! OOh! I'm rattling on sorry!

Anyway, have a good weekend everyone!

Please have a look at the up-dated Slide Show with Sandys' Squares in.
Bye for now.

~~~~Sue~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. Very sunnie in deed. What's her blog name, please?

    Have a spectacular weekend my friend Sue....

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.sunflowerzcrochet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful squares. I had a Cockatiel too when the girls were little, his name was "Tiel" :-)
    Very tame, loved the girls and had the run of the house as his wings were clipped. Very sad when he died though

    ReplyDelete