Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 8 April 2010

What are we doing next?

Hello Everyone!

First of all thank you dear Karin for the beautiful Flowers! OOh! that has made my morning! Thank you. So beautiful aren't they?

I must apologise for not being clear.  I hadn't OFFICIALLY OFFICIALLY announced the next theme. As I wasn't sure whether I ought to! Because we are still doing the 'sun' theme until the 21st April.  But you know after me posting the picture that Valerie sent over with the Lady crocheting the Flower Afghan, I was beginning to think along with others. Yes, Let's do a Flower Blanket.  That Vintage photo has certainly got everyone interested.  Don't you just love these old books?  You know I'd really be grateful from Followers if they could have a look through their drawers and see if they have any old books in there. Hopefully with some nice pictures in. If they could send them to me by email on an attachment that would be fantastic because it might spur us on with other ideas! The one Valerie has sent over was just so wonderful. I put it on Flickr last night and everyone is remarking about it.

So Friends shall we do a 'Flower' Blanket?  I OFFICIALLY now announce our next Challenge! A 'Flower' Sunshine International Blanket of Love.  So please send your Flower Squares in. We haven't decided on a closing date as yet. So have a look through your old books and see what you can come up with.  Luna actually posted a Flower Square on 'SIBOL'  a few posts back if anyone is interested.

I think the blue and white Challenge will definitely have to be the next Challenge Karin. I'm sure Kim won't mind that was her suggestion.

Everyday we are getting new Followers, I just can't believe how popular 'SIBOL' is be coming! So Welcome to everyone new. Please leave a comment and introduce yourself to us. We are all a friendly bunch.

Here's the Vintage picture again.

rose_blanket[1] This isn't me! Valerie very kindly sent me this Vintage picture over on email. It was from a really old Crocheting book. Isn't it just wonderful? It could be me though! www.sunshineinternationalblanketsoflove.blogspot.com Yesterdays post

OOh she does remind me of 'me'!

I often sit on the floor 'hooking!'.

Thank you Karin! Best of luck everyone! Enjoy your hooking!

5 comments:

  1. Sue, thank you so much for making it OFFICIAL!
    Now I can look for patterns and yarns, which is fun to do.

    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pilar (pertinitaco)8 April 2010 at 14:34

    Hi Sue! As I said on Flickr, I'm so in love with that photo!! Good you made the flower challenge official, start planning now! Fun, fun!!
    Hugs Pilar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so....pleased you are enjoying the Challenges. I do hope everyone else does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my another challenge, I can't resist.

    Sue, I think that maybe you might be able to take this story to your local paper for when you do the hand-over, after all its an "International Story" now!! Great publicity and then maybe many more like people may get involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs Twins, I can't resist a flower theme and will make some squares for this cause. I am on vacation at the moment so I will email you as soon as I have the package ready to post.
    I love the above photo of you and one of the beautiful blankets you have assembled.

    ReplyDelete