Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 14 April 2010

Wednesday Squares from Valerie (UK) and Yarns From a Barn in France!

Hi Everyone!

Well I expect you are tuning in to see 'who's' been sending 'what?' Today I've had some truly beautiful Squares come in. What always amazes me that each one is so different, each one so personal. That's what I like about doing this project. It's always lovely to 'meet and greet' your Squares! Two packages today one from Valerie (UK) and the other from Yarns From a Barn in France.

Valerie and Yarns From a Barn in France have both contributed Squares before and once again I'm really thankful for them helping me. In a few days time I will be giving you some facts about 'SIBOL'.

Both Ladies do a lot of work for Charity. It's so rewarding when you are doing work for others.

Valerie sent me these pretty Squares today.

Here's a close up of Valeries' Squares.

The mauve square was from crochet overlay jewelry by Melody macduffee the squares in her book are made out of 2 strands of ordinary cotton sewing thread but when made in wool they come out much bigger.It is sort of simular to aran crochet. The other square was from the 99 crochet flower book by leisure arts.

Thank you Valerie!

......and Yarns From a Barn in France sent me these Squares along with a beautiful Flower brooch she had made. Thank you very much Yarns from a Barn in France!.

These Squares have travelled from France. Thank you so much! Really lovely!

So cute!

Here's the updated Slide Show showing your Squares. (Over to the right - top).

1 comment:

  1. Looking great - all those squares and the blankets are such a vision of colour when you see them in the collection - beautiful!!! Well don Sue **Kim**X

    ReplyDelete