Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 8 July 2010

Are you interested in our Challenges?

Hi Everyone!

May I first of all welcome our new Followers! Every day our 'Followers' seem to increase, it's so nice to have you visiting us.........Please join in the fun!

Quiet day today on the Square front....I thought I would go over the Challenges we have running at the moment.
Don't forget ....


'The Strawberries and Cream' Square Challenge.




For inspiration Karin made the Squares above. Have you any ideas? We welcome your Squares! When we say 'Strawberries and Cream', it's basically anything you can think of to do with Strawberries and Cream!
It could just be a pattern using yarn the colour of Strawberries and Cream. Or maybe a Square with a picture of a Strawberry on!
6" x 6" (15cms x 15cms) Squares please.

Such pretty Squares for our theme.....>


I think she's so clever to have thought of this. Did you use a pattern? Or make it up yourself? Simply gorgeous, thank you!

Jenfur 43 made the Squares above!


Margaret (UK) Thank you for the Squares, they arrived today! Flower theme, Strawberries and Cream, picture theme and a Granny. I love them thank you!

Margaret made the Squares above. I think the Red and Cream one is perfect for our ' Strawberries and Cream'  Challenge and the Starfish one for our 'Sea'  theme.

Our  SIBOL Contributors have made wonderful Squares. Do you have any ideas? You are most welcome  to send your Squares to me. I would love to make a  'Strawberries  and Cream' Blanket for the Elderly! I am so short...........
DEADLINE 31ST JULY. Please email me for my address. sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Other Challenges

'Men's Squares' - For Men's Blankets.
We always think of Ladies in Nursing Homes etc., but of course there are Men!
Let's go for Squares which are in the Darker Colours for them.
You know the Browns, Dark Blues, Greens, Navys, Beiges, Burgundys. Greys etc.,
Anything you may have left in your stash suitable for Men.
6" x 6" (15cms x 15cms).
DEADLINE 31ST AUGUST


'Sea/Seaside' Challenge
A couple of Ladies have suggested a 'Sea/Seaside' Blanket.
Now let's get our thinking caps on for this one.
Maybe  Squares with a Starfish on, Shell, Sandcastle, Ball, Boat
What can you think of? Or even it could be a beautiful Square depicting the colours
of the Sea, maybe in a  Ripple stitch just like the Sea!
Please send only up to 4 Squares for this one.
6" x 6" (15cms x 15cms).
DEADLINE 31ST AUGUST

'Black and White' Challenge
This one is straightforward. Do you have any Black and White odd bits lying in your stash? Do you want to use them up to make Squares for the Elderly?
Any pattern using these colours, easy peasy!
6" x 6" (15cms x 15cms).
DEADLINE 30TH SEPTEMBER

Do you want inspiration for this Challenge? Let's find some Black and White Squares to show you......
What about these little beauties!!!!

'Black and White' Squares for our Challenge coming up soon!....Thank you LT81 very much!


Thanks Lauren! Just what we need to give us inspiration!

'Christmas Square' Challenge
Squares must be in the Christmas colours, Red, Green and White.
Any pattern.  I'll leave it to you.
6" x 6" (15cms x 15cms).
There is a limit on 3 Squares from each person because I might get
too many!
DEADLINE 30th SEPTEMBER

I need to get these in end of September so I can get them made up to give out November time
along with the other SIBOL Blankets I have made.


'Children's Picture Square' Challenge
One of the SIBOL Contributors suggested making a Blanket for Children.
Now you know I am really devoted to making Blankets for the Elderly but you know I think this might
be a good Challenge as a one-off.
Let's make a Blanket for Children. Using Picture Squares, Crocheted or Knitted.
I'll leave the pictures up to you, use anything that comes in to your head!
I will then donate the Blanket to a Children's Home/Charity/Hospital.
DEADLINE 30TH OCTOBER
Wouldn't it be nice to give this out in November as well just in time for Christmas?

For example.......
We are collecting Squares for a Children's Picture Blanket. I am concentrating on Blankets for the Elderly. But we thought why not have a go making picture Squares for a Children's Blanket. (one-off). This will be donated to a Childrens' Charity/Hospital/


Get the idea? Valerie has sent me these ones, aren't they just lovely? The possibilities are endless.....

Well I've run through our ideas. Would you like to have a go?
If you are interested please email me for my address
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Have a lovely day and thanks so much for visiting SIBOL!
Please any queries just email me.....


Yes 17 SIBOL Blankets for the Elderly
Thanks to you!
For your wonderful support!

10 comments:

  1. I have done some straberries and cream coloured squares Sue. 2 so far and more tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilt-Trippn' here. I must get going... Great post and great reminder... thanks for the nudging, my friend...

    Smiln'
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the strawberries Squares ,they are so cute ,adorable.I love them.They all so beautiful.The kids squares also adorable.Congratulations.

    Have a nice weekend.Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful squares Sue!! Karin and Jenfur 43's squares are making me hungry - strawberry shortcake will be on the weekend menu. I agree that Margaret's hearts square will be great in the strawberries and cream challenge. They are all beauties. Have fun designing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspirational post, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm almost ready to send Sue :) got some strawberries and cream you need xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great blog you have here, I am going to make you some crochet squares from yarn I have here. Do I need to join a challenge, or can I just go through my stash and do up some squares?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh gosh, can you tell it's Friday. I just read the top of your blog, 'any colour any pattern'. Good one me!! Ok, will see what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blankets are coming on so nicely. I must admit that the Strawberry & Cream one has me stumped, so I am thinking of the next challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. ~Thats fine Maria, you dont have to take part in every challenge!' Just do what ever you want! ~ Thats the fun of SIBOL!
    Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete