Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 14 July 2010

Squares arrive from the UK.

Hi Everyone!

First of all may I say a big Thank You to Sabiha, Manda, The Girl, Helsie for their great posts! So nice of you all to take the trouble to write a post for SIBOL. You are most welcome to write again sometime.

I've had some Squares come in from Manda this morning. She lives in the UK and has a really lovely blog. I do hope you will pop over to it and give her some support. As she wrote the other day she has sent me some Squares and it's been a real pleasure to receive them.

Amongst her Squares was a delicious Strawberry which unfortunately you can't eat! Also some great Black and White Squares with really unusual patterns. I'm sure she will tell us if we ask her where she got the patterns from.

Also some lovely Red, White and Pink Squares.  I couldn't resist laying them amongst my Flowers and taking some shots.

Here's one to be going on with.......



Beautiful delicious Strawberry......And now Mandas' Squares in her very own Slide Show. Sit back Manda and enjoy! Because I certainly enjoyed playing with your Squares! Thank you so much......


7 comments:

  1. oooh don't they look all happy again and those flowers have brought the best out of them (hugs) i really didn't know what to do with the strawberry once i'd made it so knew you'd find a use for it somewhere somehow hehe glad you enjoyed them much love Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh be assured it will be placed on the Blankets, thankyou! Lovely Squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sue: Manda's squares are so lovely. After seeing these beauties I wonder if we should include a Valentine or Sweetheart challenge? Great job Manda!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably do that next year Posy Linda. A good suggestion. That would be real fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Manda, these are so pretty. Is there enough to make a rug from these alone? Such a beautiful array of squares, and colours. I love the idea of the Valentine/Sweetheart challenge too. Great idea.

    Mrs Twins, still can't access the invite to guest blog. Have posted a question for help, but not been answered as yet. I will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all the black and white one with circles is known as the fisherman's ring and the downloadable pattern can be found here http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Afghan%20Squares.pdf :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh thanks very much for posting that information Manda! I'm sure others will have a go at doing it. Such pretty Squares thank you!

    ReplyDelete